DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird Down!

I just successfully synced to DJI my files, so hopefully they can access and replace ....FAST!

The data suggest that the battery was not secured properly. There was no battery data until about 55 secs into the flight. When the data started the status shows as NotPresent. Can't be entirely sure but I think this means that the battery wasn't secured properly.
1551973581674.png

BTW, before the data started the status was showing as OK instead of unknown or indeterminate. DatCon needs to do a better job with state signals. The problem being that it doesn't distinguish between default and unknown.

EDIT:
There is a glitch in the data that causes DatCon to think the time axis should be offset 55 secs. Ignoring that it is still the case that the battery wasn't secured properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: sar104
I get that that number one battery is a loose battery but I'm not so sure you should be pushing on each side like that, especially with how tight the contact pins are when engaging..(could break the plastic pins on either side in between gold pins)... I hope you don't engage your battery like this all the time and just did it for video proof. you should be using both thumbs to push down both sides at the same time. Also u should be placing both thumbs more towards the back of the battery when snapping in

I was not there, I have not seen the logs, I have not seen the video but after reading several threads about batteries becoming disconnected during flight I checked all mine and guess what. I had one that did not properly latch. It is currently on it's way to DJI where I hope upon inspecting it they issue a replacement. I have the exact same issue with my RE goggles but after all the hassle they gave me over the battery I'm not sure it's worth it to try to get the goggles fixed or replaced.

Although your not having issues with all the batteries, you can see that seam does not seal properly in many of those and thus the reason for the Batteries taking on so much water so quickly inside the battery compartment.

This was the number one reason why we ended up making the Wet Suit for the Mavics as many of the batteries seem to not have a good seal.

The Mavic 2 Wet Suits do an excellent job at sealing the battery and stop it from an accidental disconnect when flying hard..

This Poor seal may also be the reason for the Moisture problem causing batteries to swell.

We are 4 good rain fall into this year and the battery is looking great.
something to consider as batteries are added expense of flying the drone.

DSC01927.JPG

Phantomrain.org
Gear for flying in and out of the Storm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S