DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird Down!

BAdkins

Reactions
Watched Mavic 2 Pro Zoom turn towards home after selecting RTH, then ascend to RTH height and start its return, but then started to come straight down after flying a short ways......will return to DJI...any special instructions or ideas?????

ORDER DATE

Reactions: BurninCoco
Did it land or do you think the motors shut off mid-flight? Did you check out the flight logs to see if they contain anything that explains what happened?

Reactions: BudWalker
will pull logs...just looked up and saw it tumbling...to many pieces to collect,,

It would be helpful if you'd post both the TXT and DAT flight logs from your mobile device.

Click the "TXT" and "DAT" links in my post above.

I was not there, I have not seen the logs, I have not seen the video but after reading several threads about batteries becoming disconnected during flight I checked all mine and guess what. I had one that did not properly latch. It is currently on it's way to DJI where I hope upon inspecting it they issue a replacement. I have the exact same issue with my RE goggles but after all the hassle they gave me over the battery I'm not sure it's worth it to try to get the goggles fixed or replaced.

I found the DAT and TXT files...now do I look at the ones with the last date ? which files do I post and also send to DJI. ...
TXT files are encrypted..is the correct?

I found the DAT and TXT files...now do I look at the ones with the last date ? which files do I post and also send to DJI. ...
TXT files are encrypted..is the correct?

here is the TXT...I think

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-02-26_[16-31-45].txt
    887.3 KB · Views: 8
correct me if you need to..

Attachments

• 2019-02-26_16-27-01_FLY020.DAT
    8.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 2019-02-27_16-08-36_FLY021.DAT
    672.2 KB · Views: 4
Unfortunately the log is not definitive. The aircraft turned towards the home point and then started to head back, as you mentioned. Then the log stops. Either the battery disconnected or the FC shut down unexpectedly. DJI will be able to tell what happened from the aircraft DAT file, but the slow data rate and the latency in recording the mobile device logs makes it impossible to tell from those.

Graph2.png

Unfortunately the log is not definitive. The aircraft turned towards the home point and then started to head back, as you mentioned. Then the log stops. Either the battery disconnected or the FC shut down unexpectedly. DJI will be able to tell what happened from the aircraft DAT file, but the slow data rate and the latency in recording the mobile device logs makes it impossible to tell from those.

View attachment 65214
which file was this?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31