DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird Tried To Attack My Mavic Pro! (Caught on video)

Reactions
Hello All,

I was doing some filming this past week in Pennsylvania and a bird tried to attack my Mavic over the park I was flying at. Be careful out there around birds, I have heard stories but never had one go for my Mavic.

Reactions: Soft7 and KentA
I was doing some filming this past week in Pennsylvania and a bird tried to attack my Mavic over the park I was flying at.

That wasn't a bird trying to attack your Mavic. That was a vulture and it was doing what all vultures will do - avoiding your Mavic. You can see that it takes evasive action at the end of your clip when it sees you, not the opposite.

I have flown in and amongst a kettle of vultures (100+) without issue, as they skillfully avoid the Mavic at all costs and give way to the craft as they're soaring.

Need to watch out for hawks and eagles though. They will take out the mavic. I have had crows and ravens circle mine, but they didn't attack it.

Need to watch out for hawks and eagles though. They will take out the mavic. I have had crows and ravens circle mine, but they didn't attack it.

He was just checking it out, happens to me all the time

The bird didn't attack u, he can to look what it was. In South Africa we get scouted like that by crows many times. I've flown in MTB events where I've had vultures circle close to mine. It happens.

Even dragonflies are pretty adept at avoiding collisions. Here's a near miss with one while flying a Litchi mission (on the way to a location).

Reactions: raymo
That wasn't a bird trying to attack your Mavic. That was a vulture and it was doing what all vultures will do - avoiding your Mavic. You can see that it takes evasive action at the end of your clip when it sees you, not the opposite.

I have flown in and amongst a kettle of vultures (100+) without issue, as they skillfully avoid the Mavic at all costs and give way to the craft as they're soaring.
I was just hovering in one spot taking some photos and video and it was circling above and then came lower and flew straight towards me. I thought I was going down haha. You're right though at the end it looks like it has second thoughts.

Reactions: ZUCSTA
Hello All,

I was doing some filming this past week in Pennsylvania and a bird tried to attack my Mavic over the park I was flying at. Be careful out there around birds, I have heard stories but never had one go for my Mavic.

For future reference, switch to sport mode and ascend as fast as you can. Birds climb rate is no match for the Mavic .

For future reference, switch to sport mode and ascend as fast as you can. Birds climb rate is no match for the Mavic .
I ended up switching to sport and outran it back to where I was. I didn't want to go any higher as I was in close proximity to an uncontrolled airfield (I had a spotter to alert me of any aircraft in the vicinity)

I ended up switching to sport and outran it back to where I was. I didn't want to go any higher as I was in close proximity to an uncontrolled airfield (I had a spotter to alert me of any aircraft in the vicinity)
Yes that's one of those kind of places you couldn't do that, so you definitely made the right decision [emoji3]

Same thing happened to me well I was filming over Sleeping Giant Park in Connecticut. I extracted the frame from the video.

Hello All,

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1507990263301.jpg
    FB_IMG_1507990263301.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 56
Hello All,

Mt flight instructor years ago told me that non-predatory birds will get out of the way of aircraft but predators will not. This was proven at least to two of us taking off in a Cessna 172 when a turkey vulture flew right into us. Both the pilots (had to change underware) and airplane survived; can't say as much for the turkey vulture.

I have found that the bigger raptors could give a #$%^ about my drone !
A few days ago, I had just taken off. A bald eagle flew in toward my MP and diverted toward it in an aggressive manner, then just as quickly turned away and continued on its original track. Thought I was going to have one lost MP. Guess it didn't look all that tasty :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78