DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Birds of prey and drones.

Just an update. I picked up the ‘fly more’ with 2 extra batteries to get more air time. I went out next to a railway line (only 1 train per day) and did some flights up and down the line gain more experience, before I get adventurous. (I hate reading about the ‘lost drone’ posts by newbies.

I went to where the line crossed a dry riverbed and dropped down into the riverbed but stayed about 4 m agl. Then a couple of dirt bikes came from nowhere fanging along at warp speed along the sandy riverbed.

Then I went closer to the bridge itself and a mob or swallows came out and started harassing the drone.

I just cant win. :) I'm going to stick some of those goggle eyes on it

very few poisonous snakes in the world but there are heaps of venomous ones. we are lucky enough to have 9 or the top 10 most venomous snakes but i dont think they will bother my drone. a mate of mine flew his drone along a sandbar on the Daly R NT and spotted 53 crocs on the single sandbank. no hummingbirds here
I like the distinction between poisonous and venomous. You can eat a rattlesnake, therefore it's not poisonous, but it is venomous.

I have issues with hawks around here. Not too much to see here, but stopped flying because hawk dive bombing my M2P. You can see the shadow around 30 seconds. Comes back around for the kill few seconds later. I stopped and brought it down as fast as possible. Funny once it comes around the shadow looks like a ball instead of a bird. It was coming down fast.

Last edited:
New flyer - Mavic 2 Pro

Had two separate incidences today with small flocks. There was no contact in either incidence but a few individuals from each flock would approach my drone to within maybe 10’ or so. Was very interesting. Unfortunately I was not recording. Maybe I’ll get lucky enough to do so in the near future.

Had a bald eagle around my house last year, it didn't like my drone. Or it really liked my drone. I didn't keep it in the sky long enough to find out.

Reactions: JDawg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman