DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

bit difficult to attach iPhone 13PX to MM Controller

gladiator

Reactions
Hi all, new joiner here, just upgraded from the DJI Spark + fly more bundle. I understand that both controllers are very similar, but Spark allowed for Wi-Fi connection from the remote to phone.

MM only allows the USB cable and I find it very difficult to attach the larger phones to the controller without either the cable pulling loose, or the phone sitting crooked.

Appreciate any advice other users may have.

There are after market brackets or clips available to mount bigger phones via the normal phone holding arms/wings. Or even phone/tablet holders that clamp around the body of the controller, a longer cable may be needed, ebay is likely awash with them.
Obviously the above is a search of ebay UK but a similar search of ebay USA should produce results relevant to you.

Treat the connector in the controller with care!!!!!
If a longer cable has a micro USB type B connector (I do not know if this is likley) on its controller end ENSURE you fit it the correct way up.
See USB hardware - Wikipedia
The socket in the controller is micro USB type A but it accepts both micro USB type A plugs/males and correctly orientated micro USB type B plugs/makes e.g. the charging cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: gladiator
Hi all, new joiner here, just upgraded from the DJI Spark + fly more bundle. I understand that both controllers are very similar, but Spark allowed for Wi-Fi connection from the remote to phone.

MM only allows the USB cable and I find it very difficult to attach the larger phones to the controller without either the cable pulling loose, or the phone sitting crooked.

Appreciate any advice other users may have.
I just had the same problem with a new 13 pro plus, the case is difficult to remove from the phone and with it on it is to tight to fit in the arms of the RC. Solution for me was to get a mounting bracket that puts the phone above the RC and a new cable to reach.

I just had the same problem with a new 13 pro plus, the case is difficult to remove from the phone and with it on it is to tight to fit in the arms of the RC. Solution for me was to get a mounting bracket that puts the phone above the RC and a new cable to reach.
Do you have a link to the bracket that you bought? Thanks in advanced

Do you have a link to the bracket that you bought? Thanks in advanced
Hi. Both items where from Amazon.co. Uk.
the holder was -

SKYREAT Aluminum-Alloy Foldable Tablet Stand Holder Extender 4-12 Inches,iPad Bracket for DJI Mavic Air/DJI Mavic Pro/DJI Mavic Platinum, DJI Spark Remote Controller​

the cable was -

Micro USB Cable, RC Micro USB Cable Replacement Accessory Compatible with MAVIC MINI Drone Quadcopter(iOS interface to Micro‑USB)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Famousjonny