DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

bit the bullet last evening....

caryflyboy

Reactions
Bit the bullet last evening, after seeing my friend flying his DJI mini se at the same place I was flying my Holy Stone HS-720. It was kinda windy, always is at that location on the north side of Chicago for some reason.... the HS-720 flew decently but was clearly bothered by the wind gusts that I would guess were around 10 to 18 mph while his DJI mini se didnt seemed at all bothered. Got my video of the Foster beach lakefront I wanted to get, just need to figure out how to upload it to the computer from the ophilea go app, and then he let me fly his mini. we then went inside to the Vero coffee bar and well..... it happened, found it on amazon for $299 with delivery between 4 and 8 am available so bit the bullet and ordered it. It arrived at my house at 5 am while I was out with my dog for his morning walk. Supposed to be studying the Altitude University part 107 class while I am at the local dunkin donut, but you know what came with and is now sitting on the chair next to me charging as well as the controller is doing the same.

May do some studying.... while it is charging up, but that is for employment, not fun.... I may be looking at youtube videos of the mini se, but clock into my work remotely.

DJI drones handle pretty well in the wind overall. I would recommend giving the user manual a look over. You can get a digital copy while you wait on the drone. Good luck on your part 107.

Congrats on the upgrade!! I started out flying Holy Stone drones and I was never able to build confidence in them to be comfortable flying. Moving up to my Mavic Air 2 was an absolute treat and I never looked back. Regarding video and image quality, there is just no comparison!!

Definitely take time to go through the manual. Things with DJI are simpler and more complicated at the same time. One thing you won't miss is the compass calibration song and dance that you had to do with your HS720 every time you flew!!

Reactions: YVRGUY
DJI drones handle pretty well in the wind overall. I would recommend giving the user manual a look over. You can get a digital copy while you wait on the drone. Good luck on your part 107.
Glad the manual is available on-line. Evidently mini means mini for everything, umm the manual is so tiny.... maybe a mosquito could read it... lol controller charged up within an hour, bird is almost done, 4 leds flashing.

Congratulations on moving to DJI .I to at the beginning about 4 years ago had a few toy drones ,Hubsan was the best but still a toy .I then purchased the Mavic 2 pro.I now have all the rest .Mini 3 now taking up most of my flying time ,looking forward to flying the Air 2s with the new spiffy controller

Bit the bullet last evening, after seeing my friend flying his DJI mini se at the same place I was flying my Holy Stone HS-720. It was kinda windy, always is at that location on the north side of Chicago for some reason.... the HS-720 flew decently but was clearly bothered by the wind gusts that I would guess were around 10 to 18 mph while his DJI mini se didnt seemed at all bothered. Got my video of the Foster beach lakefront I wanted to get, just need to figure out how to upload it to the computer from the ophilea go app, and then he let me fly his mini. we then went inside to the Vero coffee bar and well..... it happened, found it on amazon for $299 with delivery between 4 and 8 am available so bit the bullet and ordered it. It arrived at my house at 5 am while I was out with my dog for his morning walk. Supposed to be studying the Altitude University part 107 class while I am at the local dunkin donut, but you know what came with and is now sitting on the chair next to me charging as well as the controller is doing the same.

May do some studying.... while it is charging up, but that is for employment, not fun.... I may be looking at youtube videos of the mini se, but clock into my work remotely.
Congratulations! Enjoy and fly safely. You will love it.

Reactions: dozzn and YVRGUY
Good choice of upgrade, enjoy your DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J