DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black Artifacting/Static on DJI GO Live Transmission

DrunkPilot

Reactions
Hello all! Love this forum and have learned so much about the Mavic from it. My only issue with the drone so far seems to be an issue with my live transmission. When taking video, in certain lighting or scene conditions, a bunch of black artifacting and static will come up on the live display on the phone. Entering photo mode, the display is complete crap, and unusable. The good thing is, it doesn't affect recorded footage or captured photos, however, it makes it nearly impossible to take still photos, and frustrating at times when the black artifacting/stuttering comes into video.

Attachments

• IMG_3057.PNG
    IMG_3057.PNG
    3 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2941.PNG
    IMG_2941.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
Looks like this happens in overexposed areas. I don't have my Mavic with me, but go check in the app, there is a setting that will highlight overexposed areas. Should be stripes or something when the area is larger. Perhaps that is activated and that's what you are seeing?

Reactions: DrunkPilot
Looks like the beginning of what people are referring to as the "zebra" effect. Excellent tutorial about settings, including turning off that feature on
. Well worth watching.

Reactions: DrunkPilot
Looks like the beginning of what people are referring to as the "zebra" effect. Excellent tutorial about settings, including turning off that feature on
. Well worth watching.

Love Tom's Tech Time. He is the go to drone guy!

Thank you, turns out it was indeed Zebra. (=

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d