DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blades - lock-tight or not ??

NZWatcher

Reactions
Received a warning late last evening - for memory it stated "blades rotating too fast"

Landed - all sorts of flashing lights I had not seen before and controller stating - restart Aircraft

So - found blade screws loose on one set (all 4 screws) and on same side rear set - 1 screw loose on one blade :-(
I had changed the blades to some bright Red/White/Blue ones about a doz flights ago
When I removed the factory set - it appeared Lock-Tight may have been used.

Should this be used always - thinking prob rhetorical Q now :)

I just know with Lock-Tight - its messy and these delicate Rotor heads would not prob like to much ruff treatment to undo in future etc ???

Reactions: katana2801
The tiniest little drop, I'd probably put 1 drop of Loctite on a piece if plastic etc. and then dip a pin in that drop and use the pin to transfer the Locktite to the screw. Or try dipping the pin into a bubble being 'blown out' if the Locktite's nozzle.

Instead of Loctite purple (which is the stuff to use or tiny fasteners), I'd recommend Vibra-Tite. Advantage is reusable without applying new each time.

For your blades rotating too fast warning, I don't think that would be caused by loosened screws (though of course a screw coming out completely would be catastrophic). It could be that your after market props are either too flexible or do not have adequate pitch. Switching back to the stock props would be a good troubleshooting step.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato