DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blemish on photos. videos

Robert S

Reactions
All of my photos/videos have a round blemish on the upper left. I'm flying a Mavic Platinum. I've cleaned the lens with a lens cloth, but it hasn't made any difference. There's been no trauma. The lens looks spotless. The problem wasn't there a few months ago.

View full image to see.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• DJI_0848.jpg
    DJI_0848.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
Condensation that has dried on the sensor, always use desiccant gel where you store your drone.
Probably took it out of a cold house into the hot sun.

Can't really fix it, you'll have to edited it out in post processing.

Actually, it got lost in a tropical national park in the elements for a few weeks at the beginning of the wet season in December '19 and was returned by a kindly soul. It seemed to be fine until recently.

I'm surprised that that's all that's happened to it ?

Reactions: AnnaBang
You're correct, it would be blurry and out of focus if it were on the lens or filter.
?condensation on the sensor? I you take the drone from a dry place (your house) place to a warm, or humid place, internal moisture can cause condensation on the internal part of the lens or sensor. I have had this happen often with my DSLR when going out at night to do a star track timelapse. I have circumvented this condensation by putting hand warmers around my lens with a rubber band.

?condensation on the sensor? I you take the drone from a dry place (your house) place to a warm, or humid place, internal moisture can cause condensation on the internal part of the lens or sensor. I have had this happen often with my DSLR when going out at night to do a star track timelapse. I have circumvented this condensation by putting hand warmers around my lens with a rubber band.
I was looking at this for star tracking and astrophotography...

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
I'm thinking there might be a wee problem wrapping one of these around the gimbal/camera on a drone.... They do, however, work great on my hands and I imagine, on a camera. ;o)

of course I am talking about dslr lenses

I'm thinking there might be a wee problem wrapping one of these around the gimbal/camera on a drone.... They do, however, work great on my hands and I imagine, on a camera. ;o)
I buy a box for every season. They seem to last forever, and they keep well.
. . . If you only use them for an hour or two you can put them in a ziplock freezer bag and squeeze*the air out and sue them again. The chemical reaction will stop as soon as the residual oxygen in the bag is used up. The ingredients are pretty common - iron filings, water, salt, activated carbon, vermiculite, and a few other things. Open the bag and knead them for a few seconds to restart the exothermic reaction.

* DO NOT attempt to suck the air out of the bag as it’s possible that impure vermiculite could contain asbestos.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore