DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blemish on photos. videos

Robert S

Reactions
All of my photos/videos have a round blemish on the upper left. I'm flying a Mavic Platinum. I've cleaned the lens with a lens cloth, but it hasn't made any difference. There's been no trauma. The lens looks spotless. The problem wasn't there a few months ago.

View full image to see.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• DJI_0848.jpg
    DJI_0848.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
Condensation that has dried on the sensor, always use desiccant gel where you store your drone.
Probably took it out of a cold house into the hot sun.

Can't really fix it, you'll have to edited it out in post processing.

Actually, it got lost in a tropical national park in the elements for a few weeks at the beginning of the wet season in December '19 and was returned by a kindly soul. It seemed to be fine until recently.

I'm surprised that that's all that's happened to it ?

Reactions: AnnaBang
You're correct, it would be blurry and out of focus if it were on the lens or filter.
?condensation on the sensor? I you take the drone from a dry place (your house) place to a warm, or humid place, internal moisture can cause condensation on the internal part of the lens or sensor. I have had this happen often with my DSLR when going out at night to do a star track timelapse. I have circumvented this condensation by putting hand warmers around my lens with a rubber band.

?condensation on the sensor? I you take the drone from a dry place (your house) place to a warm, or humid place, internal moisture can cause condensation on the internal part of the lens or sensor. I have had this happen often with my DSLR when going out at night to do a star track timelapse. I have circumvented this condensation by putting hand warmers around my lens with a rubber band.
I was looking at this for star tracking and astrophotography...

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
I'm thinking there might be a wee problem wrapping one of these around the gimbal/camera on a drone.... They do, however, work great on my hands and I imagine, on a camera. ;o)

of course I am talking about dslr lenses

I'm thinking there might be a wee problem wrapping one of these around the gimbal/camera on a drone.... They do, however, work great on my hands and I imagine, on a camera. ;o)
I buy a box for every season. They seem to last forever, and they keep well.
. . . If you only use them for an hour or two you can put them in a ziplock freezer bag and squeeze*the air out and sue them again. The chemical reaction will stop as soon as the residual oxygen in the bag is used up. The ingredients are pretty common - iron filings, water, salt, activated carbon, vermiculite, and a few other things. Open the bag and knead them for a few seconds to restart the exothermic reaction.

* DO NOT attempt to suck the air out of the bag as it’s possible that impure vermiculite could contain asbestos.)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead