DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

>Blue Authorization Zone Not unlocking

MMMark

Reactions
Hello all, for some reason I’m not able to unlock a blue authorization zone by myself as I have been able to in the past (after the recent update of course).

I was able to use the Flight Planner on the GEO website to unlock it for the next few days - so at least I can fly around my home. (I sure wish they had a mobile version of that GEO site).

I was hoping someone might have some insight as to why I’m not able unlock the blue zone on my own any longer. If I act fast right after turning on my MM I get the unlock feature and it appears as to unlock. Yet after a few minutes it returns to red with no option to unlock. ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Mark

I live in a blue zone.
I’ve been having trouble with unlocking as well. I go through the check marks and see the success message, but the red bar remains. It takes several tries before it actually unlocks, then I’m good for all three batteries. Maybe more if I had more...
The last time I flew I noticed the unlock was successful after GPS lock was happy. Maybe that’s the key...
I frequently fly from a north facing balcony. Perhaps I’m in somewhat of a GPS shadow there due to the wall right behind me.

Reactions: MMMark
I live in a blue zone.
I’ve been having trouble with unlocking as well. I go through the check marks and see the success message, but the red bar remains. It takes several tries before it actually unlocks, then I’m good for all three batteries. Maybe more if I had more...
The last time I flew I noticed the unlock was successful after GPS lock was happy. Maybe that’s the key...
I frequently fly from a north facing balcony. Perhaps I’m in somewhat of a GPS shadow there due to the wall right behind me.

Thanks for your reply. Interesting point you make about being GPS locked as I was indoors while trying unlock the zone. However, I was still getting 9 satellites. I tried outside at one point yet had no luck. Seems worth trying while outdoors and after full GPS lock.

Sounds like you're able go through the process multiple times. I am only getting the one chance right after startup. Once it goes to red "geo zone" I don't get another chance. I sent a request for an unlock request of an area (I think I was in the wrong place as it had me upload documents...) and that was denied. I then exchanged a few messages with tech support. No resolution as of this A.M.

Thank you,

Mark

And today I paid more attention...
Having a happy GPS lock didn’t help, so that theory is out.
After several tries with the check marks, each of which claimed success, I went into the app menu to attempt to unlock. After tapping around in there for a bit ( all of which appeared to be futile) the red bar went away.

About the multiple “chances”, each time I do the check mark thing and it claims success, take-off is denied and the red bar remains. Then I do the down and in stick thing and it gives me another chance. From what I can see, I have unlimited chances.

I’ve probably only been delayed by this process for 2-3 minutes on any given day, but it’s very irritating and seems like much longer.

Thanks so much for checking - I was hoping it was related to GPS lock. ?

I suspect others are having the same issue, so hopefully more will chime in towards a solution. I’ve gone into the app menu as well, as an attempt to try to clear it, and that has led me no where.

I seem to only get the one chance right after start up to clear the Geo zone. Since I currently have permissions I’m not able to do any testing until it expires, I believe tomorrow.

Still haven’t heard anything more from the two emails I’ve sent to the fly safe group in regards to the issue. ?

Thanks,
Mark

Same results today.
Waited for GPS lock before any stick movements. After multiple attempts with the check marks, I went into the menu to unlock. It didn’t appear that I could do anything there, but when I went back to the camera view the red bar was gone.
Puzzling...

So frustrating! Fly Safe emailed back requesting screen shots of seemingly everything in order to forward on to tech support. I’ll work on that today with the hope of solution soon.

Seems something must’ve changed on DJI’s side for this to have become a new issue...

Thanks!
Mark

For this issue, please provide us with the following information, and we will forward it to the technical department for further assistance:
1. A screenshot to show the NFZ information.
2. A screenshot of the app’s about page.
3. A screenshot of the map in the app when the unlocking failed.
4. The detailed coordinate where unlocked failed.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.
Thanks for supporting DJI.

Best regards,
Lucas
DJI Technical Support
YouTube:DJI Tutorials

Mark if they come up with a fix, please share it here. It might help others with the same issue.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hi again, I received a message back from the Fly Safe group. The messages go unanswered for days then all of a sudden I'll get a response. Seemingly partly due to the time difference...

I had inquired with Lucas previously if I should delete and reinstall the app. Currently he has me setup with a "license" for the authorization zone until the 29th. When I tried it last weekend I didn't have any issues with the authorization zone clearing. I thought it was b/c I had an active license, yet Lucas pointed out to me that the license was expired... I'll wait until the 29th to do some testing again before deleting and reinstalling the app.

Dear Mark,

Thank you for the email.

For this issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Fly app, please make sure the aircraft is inside the blue authorization zone, and that it has a strong GPS signal (more than 10 GPS satellites connected), and make sure the mobile device has internet access. There will be a warning message in the DJI Fly app asking you to unlock the zone. Then please follow the instruction in the app to unlock the Authorization Zone.

If it still doesn't work, please provide us with a video of the whole process, and we will forward it to the technical department for further assistance:

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.
Thanks for supporting DJI.

Best regards,
Lucas
DJI Technical Support
YouTube:DJI Tutorials

Another member reported that he was having trouble on his iPhone 7 with unlocking a blue authorization zone, yet was able to unlock it using an android device.

I wondered what others were using in regards to devices as it pertains to not being able to unlock the blue authorization zone?

Thanks,

Mark

Update: I just tried my MM (I live in a blue zone) and all seems well. You do have to attempt to take off to get to the point of going through the acknowledgement process to gain permission (no cell phone text code).

Thanks all,

Mark

I just saw this above and experienced same today. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS. I had put my phone into airplane mode before attaching to the controller. When I went to take off I got the geozone warning and clicked Unlock. I got the second screen and checked all three boxes & OK. I then got a third screen saying Unlocking Successful, but the red bar remained. Trying to take off restarted the same sequence. I went out of Airplane mode and got a cellphone data connection. I repeated the process and it worked as it had in the past. So, you either need a cellular data connection or WiFi to unlock. Since WiFi might interfere I'm turning off WiFi and leaving cell data on. At least until I unlock it. This will also prevent me from using an older phone with no cell connection if I'm in an area where I must unlock. Alternitively I could obtain a two day license in advance while still at home.

I've been having the same problem as everyone on here. I have 2 drones, M2Z and MM. It was after I updated the Fly Safe database recently that the problem started.

I've been trying for 2 weeks to get my M2Z to get unlocked and to no avail. I did not try to go outside the blue zone which may have been a final test to see if it was still an issue. I've followed all the steps described above including uninstalling the DJI Go 4 app and reinstalling. I've declined the Fly Safe update after the install and it still didn't work. I did notice that the prior version of the Fly Safe database had me outside the blue zone and it didn't work then. When I updated the Fly Safe database it still didn't work. I continued during this whole process to try and unlock by answering the 3 questions and some times it would say confirmed and unlocked and sometimes it didn't. Either way I still had the red banner with the do not fly ,message (or whatever it was) and I couldn't take off.

Here is what fixed it. When I got the M2Z last year I had setup my DJI account for it under one login ID. When I got the MM a couple weeks ago I thought I should setup a separate account. My MM flew fine and it would get a unlock approval as needed in the same location as I was flying the M2Z. Then at some point the MM couln't get an unlock with the new Fly Safe database. Believe me, I tried and tried and tried with both drones to get an unlock. I took both the M2Z and the MM out the other weekend to another part of the city but was still in the blue zone and tried the M2Z and it failed. I tried the MM and it got an approval! So I flew it around that afternoon.

Today I had been testing my M2Z to see if uninstalling the DJI account would do it and to no avail, no unlock! Then I thought, let me test the MM again and boom! I got the warning after taking off before it got the GPS signals and then it prompted me I was in a 'no fly zone' and it went through the screen to acknowledge the 2 questions and it got an unlock confirmed! So I fly it for a few minutes. Today, after reading through these threads again I saw someone mention that something may be tied to the DJI account. I went into my M2Z and logged off that account I had set it up with and logged my M2Z into the the MM separate account. I started up the M2Z waited till it got the satellites to lock in and then went to take off and the M2Z came up with the 2 question screen to unlock and it was immediately unlocked! It then gave me the warnings that I had limited altitude for my area of 197ft which is fine and off I flew!

There is something up with the original M2Z DJI account. I've not had a chance to try and logoff the MM account and log back into the M2Z account yet but not sure I want to go through that again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78