DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blurry / ouf-of-focus corners

nablaf

Reactions
This is 2nd copy of M2P. The first one had blurry/softness on 1/3 of the image which I suspect was due to lens / sensor assembly issue. Now it seems that the 2nd have issues on the right side while left is tact sharp, however the issue is somewhat visible only in videos and not in stills that are somewhat ok.
I'm wondering what could be the issue, anybody else seeing this ? I guess it will be another round for service..

Attachments

• full_screenshot_from_video.png
    full_screenshot_from_video.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 47
  • left_top_ok.jpg
    left_top_ok.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 46
  • right_top_nok.jpg
    right_top_nok.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 40
Before you send it in try focusing on the weaker side.

Odds are DJI will not fix it and possibly make it worse.

Paul C

You can see the sharpness issues per your crops. Just curious what aperture you are using, as wide open I expect a bit of corner softness, common with all lenses, but by F4.5 to F 5.6 hopefully it should resolve.

Paul C

Reactions: dtp
If I recall it was F4.5 as this was 3rd fly due to noticed the sharpness issues on 2nd fly using F2.8. I have a couple very late evening videos from the 1st flight, which I think doesn't maybe have such sharpness issues. Those are with less light and some of them using higher iso so can't say for sure.
I have upgraded the firmware after that flight so I wonder could that be the case.
For previous experience from P2 and P3P (surprisingly excluding P4P) this looks (again) sensor and lens alignment assembly issue.. they just can't do it right.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin