DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Boost the Signal!

UncleELROY

Reactions
Just got back from the yacht week montenegro and ran into a few problems

Launched my drone from the boat, while in this formation (circle) and immediately was having magnetic interference issues (I am aware of the huge 40 ft masts everywhere) but it was when the Mavic wasn't listening to the RC commands (tried to get it to go up) that I started getting worried.

Still managed to get it high enough to take this shot but had similar issues throughout the week even on land. Does anyone have any links to signal-booster products? I am not as seasoned with my tech-talk but I am assuming other people have launched from boats or remote locations, any auxiliary devices out there to help with my Mavic Pro connection?

Attachments

• IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 32
I'm sure you'll hear from others about antenna reflectors and mods, but if you just want a shot from directly overhead, I think laying your controller antennas flat (roughly parallel to the ground) should boost the signal in a vertical direction.

Imagine the signal from the unmodified antennas looking like a big doughnut or bagel with you at the center of the hole - signal strength directly above the tip of the antennas is the weakest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk