DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Braking or Deceleration

• Thread starter Deleted member 93449
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 93449

Some comments in another thread got me thinking about something I don't recall reading about, braking or deceleration. Someone was flying their drone at 34 mph, let up on the throttle and end up crashing into a wall 2 seconds later (that's the narrative that was given). What dictates the rate of deceleration and stopping when you let up on the throttle? Is there a setting that can be adjusted that will change how aggressively the drone will brake?

Some comments in another thread got me thinking about something I don't recall reading about, braking or deceleration. Someone was flying their drone at 34 mph, let up on the throttle and end up crashing into a wall 2 seconds later (that's the narrative that was given). What dictates the rate of deceleration and stopping when you let up on the throttle? Is there a setting that can be adjusted that will change how aggressively the drone will brake?

You can change braking level in settings . . . have never done this, and can't really think of a reason I'd want to.
I'm not sure if that would alter braking in Sports mode too, or if would just affect normal flight P mode.
It's hard to imagine harsher braking in Sports would be a good idea.

I set mine up for longer braking as its much less aggressive on the gimbal

Smoother video is the reason to slow braking. You have to be very careful with this but it’s necessary. Practice in an open area so you enforce it in your thinking that it’s going to coast a long ways.

Smoother video is the reason to slow braking. You have to be very careful with this but it’s necessary. Practice in an open area so you enforce it in your thinking that it’s going to coast a long ways.
Also note that if you put in slow cinematic breaking perhaps start to get used to hit the RC paus button for quick breaking.

Also note that if you put in slow cinematic breaking perhaps start to get used to hit the RC paus button for quick breaking.
Like someone told me once...”if you’re not real careful you might learn something new every day”?

Reactions: slup
Like someone told me once...”if you’re not real careful you might learn something new every day”?
If you are too careful, you also don't learn as much. Case in mind, I just tried the pause button for the first time. And yeah, it is like slamming on the breaks.

I set mine up for longer braking as its much less aggressive on the gimbal
And I have been practicing slowly centering the stick(s) rather than letting the stick(s) self-center abrubtly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507