DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand New DJI Air 3S Obstacle Sensor Failure Part 2

bkushner

Reactions
I originally posted my first encounter with this issue a couple of days ago. Here's a link to that: Major Obstacle Sensor Fail along with RTH Fail New Drone

Today I was in the middle of a Hyperlapse and Sensor Detected stopped the Hyperlapse and ended it early. Hope DJI fixes this soon. I don't believe this is a single drone issue.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought I read somewhere that keeping the sensors really clean was pretty important. It seems like they are overly sensitive and even perhaps moisture on the lens could cause a detection that causes odd flight behavior..

in this video at about the 2:15 mark, this pilot describes a issue that he sees which be believes to be sensor related.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Perhaps it's something that DJI needs to adjust in the firmware.

• Wow
Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
That's the Lidar system, not the OV

Reactions: sarahb
The fact this wasn’t a one time thing doesn’t sound comforting. I have flown my Air 3S four times already, each flight being half an hour, all during and right before sunrise, and two hyperlapses where the drone was facing the rising sun directly, and have not had any of these types of issues yet. In fact, in scenarios where my Air 3 would give OA issues due to the flares of the direct sun, my Air 3S has not given those issues and I think this may be partly due to the higher dynamic range of the new sensors. I cannot say for sure until I fly more.

I think something may be wrong with one of more of your drone’s OA sensors.

The fact this wasn’t a one time thing doesn’t sound comforting. I have flown my Air 3S four times already, each flight being half an hour, all during and right before sunrise, and two hyperlapses where the drone was facing the rising sun directly, and have not had any of these types of issues yet. In fact, in scenarios where my Air 3 would give OA issues due to the flares of the direct sun, my Air 3S has not given those issues and I think this may be partly due to the higher dynamic range of the new sensors. I cannot say for sure until I fly more.

I think something may be wrong with one of more of your drone’s OA sensors.
A couple other people have seen this issue. Past experience tells me I exchange this and the new drone will do it as well. But I will return it early next week.

I have exactly the same problem reported on my mavic air 3s!!! I will wait for new firmware updates, as I bought mine in Europe and I live in Brazil.

Reactions: bkushner
I just flew a battery at the crucial time frame and had NO ISSUES!!! I can only do the one battery as the sensors go off after awhile. So before I declare PROBLEM SOLVED I want to spend a couple more days but this is very promising..Looks like the NEW FIRMWARE did the trick..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thicken3458