DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand New Mavic 2 - gimbal does not move or calibrate

Cass

Reactions
I have tried everything. I am at the end of my rope, here.
I have never been able to move the camera; when I click "start" for the gimbal calibration, nothing happens.
I think it's just defective and I'm going to return it tomorrow and hopefully get a new one.
I flew it Friday for the first time and still nothing. Couldn't move it during flight with the controller, with my finger dragging across the screen, nothing.
I haven't been able to find any topics or videos with this exact problem that I'm having, so I'm just throwing this up here in case anyone else has this issue.
Yes, the cover is off, yes I've calibrated the IMU, yes I've calibrated the compass. Firmware is up to date.
arrrrgh.

Does the gimbal move at all when you turn on the drone? Can you try moving the gimbal motors around with your fingers? Are they stuck in place?

I have never been able to move the camera; when I click "start" for the gimbal calibration, nothing happens.
I think it's just defective and I'm going to return it tomorrow and hopefully get a new one.
I flew it Friday for the first time and still nothing. Couldn't move it during flight with the controller, with my finger dragging across the screen, nothing.
I haven't been able to find any topics or videos with this exact problem that I'm having, so I'm just throwing this up here in case anyone else has this issue.
Yes, the cover is off, yes I've calibrated the IMU, yes I've calibrated the compass. Firmware is up to date.
arrrrgh.

Sometimes a clear pull-tab style sticker is on the backside of the gimbal when they ship it new. Maybe have a look there and see if that could possibly be restricting the movement.

Reactions: Thomas B and AMann
If inspection does not reveal the cause of your problem, you could also check that the gimbal motor cable is intact, but since it’s brand new I’d just contact DJI and send it back.

If you have DJICare don’t let them charge against it since they sent you a non-functioning unit. Process should take about 7-10 days.

Does the gimbal move at all when you turn on the drone? Can you try moving the gimbal motors around with your fingers? Are they stuck in place?

Yes, I can move it freely, and it does the regular movements every time I turn it on. When I flew it on Friday it was fine, the horizon was aligned...aside from being completely unresponsive when I tried to move it with the controller. I think it was defective from the get go. I can't even get it to respond or calibrate it when it's just sitting on my floor.

Or a piece of it ripped off?
Sometimes a clear pull-tab style sticker is on the backside of the gimbal when they ship it new. Maybe have a look there and see if that could possibly be restricting the movement.

I removed that during the unboxing. The gimbal moves freely and functions during flight, it just ignores any commands from the controller. :(

If inspection does not reveal the cause of your problem, you could also check that the gimbal motor cable is intact, but since it’s brand new I’d just contact DJI and send it back.

If you have DJICare don’t let them charge against it since they sent you a non-functioning unit. Process should take about 7-10 days.

I don't want to mess with it - especially if doing so will void any warranty. The store I bought it from has a 30 day return policy so I will just tell them the gimbal is defective and get a different one. Hopefully it is that easy. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: Thomas B
arrrrgh.

You removed the gimbal cover right?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise