DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand New Mavic Pro Gone in For Repair?

Grapecrusher

Reactions
Site
www.insoftlight.com
In the end I had to take my MP back. After trying everything and getting all the correct ‘ready to fly’ and still in Beginner Mode it still went haywire. Now been 3 weeks being dealt with so I hope to have some news soon as to why it wouldn’t fly!

Hi Top Hat’

Yes, did everything by the book! Out of the box firmware update, calibration, etc. There are a number of posts I made describing what happened. My first flight was impeccable and I only took it up to get the feel of it. The video from it was very good and everything was perfect. The next time it asked for another update , which I did and from then on it just kept spinning and crashing. The last time I attempted to fly it didn’t even get more than a foot off the ground. I had a video taken of this to show the shop where I bought it. They think the controller and MP weren’t ‘talking’. Anyway, since I bought it just a month ago I have just had the one original trial that worked. Very disappointed and don’t feel very confident now. Really wanted it to add video footage to my photography site!

Hi Top Hat’

Yes, did everything by the book! Out of the box firmware update, calibration, etc. There are a number of posts I made describing what happened. My first flight was impeccable and I only took it up to get the feel of it. The video from it was very good and everything was perfect. The next time it asked for another update , which I did and from then on it just kept spinning and crashing. The last time I attempted to fly it didn’t even get more than a foot off the ground. I had a video taken of this to show the shop where I bought it. They think the controller and MP weren’t ‘talking’. Anyway, since I bought it just a month ago I have just had the one original trial that worked. Very disappointed and don’t feel very confident now. Really wanted it to add video footage to my photography site!

I hope you bought Refresh since I have a feeling you might need it.

I bought it with a 2 year warranty from Boulangers. If the MP is faulty it is their responsibility (under French law anyway) to repair it if it is not a result of anything I did. I still believe that it is a firmware issue because it worked perfectly until I upgraded it. There was no magnetic interference and I was taking off from exactly the same spot where it worked perfectly. But what do I know.....I only had it for a week....it hasn’t actually flown anywhere so apart from the first trial I have nothing to compare it to. Keeping my fingers crossed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO