DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new Mavic - Wobble

JeffG

Reactions
Hi all,

Firstly thank you to everyone that has already posted about this problem on here, I've found the tips and tricks helpful but unfortunately not successful. I am a reasonably accomplished pilot of drones with around 2 years experience including a P3P so whilst I'm new to the Mav I'm not new to drones :)

I received my brand new Mavic on Thursday and flew it for the first time in Snowdonia on Friday, for those of us in the UK you'll know Friday was beautiful clear windless day, even on the top of the mountains! Obviously the problem is a big disappointment for what was a special day and a big spend to capture the footage. I can absolutely confirm she's been handled with care and certainly not been crashed or even hard landed.

All my footage has rather severe wobble at all attitudes and speeds, even when hovering or in slow track mode, I've also experienced a few gimbal snap backs and flight failures (2 failed take offs, a in-flight vision sensor failure, and a disconnection, all this have then resolved themselves).

So far I have:
Checked the gimbal thoroughly and made sure it is seated correctly including the back clip.
Calibrated the IMU and gimbal
Updated to latest firmware, and reset back to factory (even though it's just come from the factory!)
Obviously the gimbal cover and lock is removed.
Swapped props and tried the spares from my combo set too.

An example is here:

Unfortunately I could upload another dozen examples of this problem :-(

I have contacted DJI and requested a replacement under 7 days, hopefully this should be trouble free.

Can i just ask if anyone has had to deal with DJI under it's 7 days replacement and if so, how did it go?

My other question is has anyone had this problem and managed to resolve themselves using a method I've yet to try? My feeling is I have a faulty unit but obviously want to make sure I've done everything my end.

thanks all,

J

I think it's a camera problem. I doubt this will help, but the camera on my $30 toy drone got that effect when it was too cold. haha

Good luck, hope your problem gets resolved.

Just thought I'd give you all a update.

The retailer (Clifton cameras UK) are going to replace the drone for me, I've flown it since the severe jello and actually the flight was successful but obviously my concerns are still very much there, and a loss of confidence in the drone. I did nothing different on the successful flight, in fact it was more windy and had wind warnings during the fight.

I've seen much advice and suggestions, including adding a NF filter to balance the weight better and also lowering the shutter speed below 1/100. My concern is I should be able to take the drone and fly it without having to do calculations for shutter speeds and making other adjustments. The P3P comes out and produces fab footage without any complex settings adjustments.
I'm not going to wade into he argument about keeping the gimbal cover on for flight but I want my footage to not be compromised by a perspex screen.

Hi all,

Firstly thank you to everyone that has already posted about this problem on here, I've found the tips and tricks helpful but unfortunately not successful. I am a reasonably accomplished pilot of drones with around 2 years experience including a P3P so whilst I'm new to the Mav I'm not new to drones :)

I received my brand new Mavic on Thursday and flew it for the first time in Snowdonia on Friday, for those of us in the UK you'll know Friday was beautiful clear windless day, even on the top of the mountains! Obviously the problem is a big disappointment for what was a special day and a big spend to capture the footage. I can absolutely confirm she's been handled with care and certainly not been crashed or even hard landed.

All my footage has rather severe wobble at all attitudes and speeds, even when hovering or in slow track mode, I've also experienced a few gimbal snap backs and flight failures (2 failed take offs, a in-flight vision sensor failure, and a disconnection, all this have then resolved themselves).

So far I have:
Checked the gimbal thoroughly and made sure it is seated correctly including the back clip.
Calibrated the IMU and gimbal
Updated to latest firmware, and reset back to factory (even though it's just come from the factory!)
Obviously the gimbal cover and lock is removed.
Swapped props and tried the spares from my combo set too.

An example is here:

Unfortunately I could upload another dozen examples of this problem :-(

I have contacted DJI and requested a replacement under 7 days, hopefully this should be trouble free.

Can i just ask if anyone has had to deal with DJI under it's 7 days replacement and if so, how did it go?

My other question is has anyone had this problem and managed to resolve themselves using a method I've yet to try? My feeling is I have a faulty unit but obviously want to make sure I've done everything my end.

thanks all,

J

Check that the gimbal is securely in it's mounting as mine was out and had the same issue when I received it. I then securely and with caution placed it in. Problem solved.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman