DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand New Mini 2 fails to link - blinking red and yellow

Alejoviade

Reactions
Hello to all.
I just unboxed my new Mini 2 and after downloading the "correct" apps to my iPhone I started to follow the linking process between the drone and the controller. I follow the DJI tutorial but noticed that the drone back light blinks red and yellow as if a compass calibration was required but obviously I have never flown it so How could that be? Obviously no calibration can be made since I cannot link to the drone so.... it is a circle impossible to come out of. When I press Connect to Aircraft in the DJI Fly app it immediately gives me a message Linking Failed, no matter how many times I re-try ...it just fails... done continues to blink red and yellow ... (have been 2 hours at this... not impressed to far). iPhone 7Plus / DJI 1.2.2.

I think I have read some talking about using the Assist Software on MAC to update the drone's firmware (obviously I cannot do it from the controller since I cannot link them) but although I did download the software, installed it and seems to be working correctly, I don't see anywhere an option for firmware update, The drone is detected but there are no options to do anything with it.....

The RC and AC should be linked already from the factory. Firmware could be outdated but should be matching so that shouldn't prohibit connection.

Is the RC LEDs indicating it's looking for the AC? I don't have an MM2 but rather an MM1 which should be similar. In the MM1, RC LEDs will blink when not connected to AC, and will go steady when link is established.

Does Fly say RC Connected or Disconnected? If Disconnected then the problem is with the RC, USB cable connection, app itself, or device not providing the USB connection to the app.

Reactions: Alejoviade
We purchase a lot of Drones and I can tell you that if it is not perfect out of the box , they go back.

We also always buy Two drones at a time , if box number 1 is not perfect a good chance box number 2 is.
This has worked all really well. and so I would take that back , because being frustrated is not part of the adventure your looking for.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain/Snow and Land on Water.

We purchase a lot of Drones and I can tell you that if it is not perfect out of the box , they go back.

We also always buy Two drones at a time , if box number 1 is not perfect a good chance box number 2 is.
This has worked all really well. and so I would take that back , because being frustrated is not part of the adventure your looking for.

Phantomrain.org
But you have experience so you can tell if it's a silly mistake on your part, such as a cable not in right. Plus you know your phone is compatible and is set up to work. He doesn't have that luxury.

Reactions: Alejoviade
Thank you both for your replies !! Well, I kept going at it for a while and one of the things I did was changed phones and then, for some mysterious reasons I was able to link !! (went from iPhone 7Plus which is supposed to be compatible to my iPhoneX. Did the firmware updates and it all worked !! Moreover, I then went back to the iPhone 7 connected it and it also worked !! (I have no idea why it didn't before...but well, it is all in the past now.Phantomrain, I agree with your comment..believe me I was getting very upset since I checked, and double checked and triple checked everything and was already thinking "not what I was looking for...." in the end it all worked..
So now to start my drone flying experience after flying airliners for over 25 years... (I think the drone is far more difficult !!!)

Cheers and thank you both for your kind response to my inquiry

Reactions: Thomas B
The RC and AC should be linked already from the factory. Firmware could be outdated but should be matching so that shouldn't prohibit connection.

Is the RC LEDs indicating it's looking for the AC? I don't have an MM2 but rather an MM1 which should be similar. In the MM1, RC LEDs will blink when not connected to AC, and will go steady when link is established.

Does Fly say RC Connected or Disconnected? If Disconnected then the problem is with the RC, USB cable connection, app itself, or device not providing the USB connection to the app.
Thank you Dan !!! I responded to you and another message with another post... All explained there but it is all working now after hours of trials and errors... Thank you !!!

Phantomrain.org
Thank you, my full reply posted !! Appreciate you taking the time!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000