DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new MP right drift when flying forward... I'm out of ideas.

Curious if you are matching the A/C & R/C firmwares, or just upgrading the A/C firmware only?

The phantom icon overlay is from the DatCon Dashware profile i have no time to change the guage stock image. I assure you the flight is of my new mavic.

The transmission lines have nothing to do with it, I can duplicate this issue at other locations:

Yea, that response was just my fair guess at the time. Just seemed odd to me that it didn't appear to drift moving away from all those lines......but I believe you when you say it happens anywhere in any condition. That overlay is cool. I like how you can actually see the physical result of the quad as you input your stick movements. Wish it had a Mavic though LOL. I Like it!.

Hope smarter minds than mine can help out. It would sure bug me for sure.
Rob

I'm thinking at this stage the thing to do is see if the flight path the aircraft is currently making can be manipulated in any way possible. There should be a few ways to do this. Or.....another option to consider is to start over with being a 100% fresh install. To do the aircraft should be only a matter of returning to default settings on the aircraft and install .0400 firmware. Next would be to wipe everything from the device used to host the GO4 app. This includes not only uninstalling the app, but also removing all related folders. Save a copy of your "FlightRecords" folder. The FlightRecords is the one that has all the .TXT logs up to the last flight. Once all is removed from host device...reformat the microSD card...and reboot the device. Keep in mind this process is no good if you don't remove old data.

I'm thinking at this stage the thing to do is see if the flight path the aircraft is currently making can be manipulated in any way possible. There should be a few ways to do this. Or.....another option to consider is to start over with being a 100% fresh install. To do the aircraft should be only a matter of returning to default settings on the aircraft and install .0400 firmware. Next would be to wipe everything from the device used to host the GO4 app. This includes not only uninstalling the app, but also removing all related folders. Save a copy of your "FlightRecords" folder. The FlightRecords is the one that has all the .TXT logs up to the last flight. Once all is removed from host device...reformat the microSD card...and reboot the device. Keep in mind this process is no good if you don't remove old data.

This is what I'll do before giving up. Got my shipping label from DJI support - If this doesn't work I'm probably going to ask for a full refund and go back to lurking until M2 comes out ;)

Here goes nothing...

Reactions: Fausto
This is what I'll do before giving up. Got my shipping label from DJI support - If this doesn't work I'm probably going to ask for a full refund and go back to lurking until M2 comes out ;)

Here goes nothing...

At this rate you can ignore what i said, and it will likely be around the 4th of July you will receive your used refurbished Mavic from DJI.

At this rate you can ignore what i said, and it will likely be around the 4th of July you will receive your used refurbished Mavic from DJI.

What I meant to say is that I'll try your suggestion before giving up for good.

As a matter of fact I just rolled her back to .400 an hour ago -- Both RC and FC. Reset to factory settings on both as well. Tablet was also factory reset (reformatted) with a fresh Go4 installation.

Will recalibrate the IMU and compass one last time tonight and fly her tomorrow after work. Fingers crossed.

If that fails, talking with the DJI support rep I was given the impression that I'm eligible for a choice of a full refund or unit exchange. I'm thinking refund...

Last edited:
Maybe you have already mentioned it, but what date did you purchase the mavic pro?

Off topic: How to activate to show the drone on the screen!?

Off topic: How to activate to show the drone on the screen!?
It's not an 'option' to activate.

The stick inputs and roll/pitch/yaw orientation overlay was added post flight using DashWare, DatCon, and DatCon's DashWare profile.

You have to export the FC .dat log using Assistant 2, process the .Dat file with DatCon to generate a CSV, import the video + CSV into DashWare, then finally synchronize the video to the CSV playback and render the result.

Note: the CSV import profile is old and now a little buggy so it took some profile tweaking to make it work with the mavic CSV file.

Last edited:
Reactions: ge0kas
Yeah, so just a bummer of an update;

After .400 downgrade to both the RC/FC and factory resets on the drone, radio, nexus tablet, and finally redoing the IMU and compass calibration, I'm getting the same drift; both with GO4 and Litchi.

As a matter of fact, with the .400 F/W I now noticed a minor horizon tilt when yawing quickly left/right and and even waiting 3 minutes in a steady hover I can't get the **** gimbal to sit still; it just slowly crawls to one side or the other - it's annoying to say the least.

Here's a video of the last leg with the Litchi app (didn't bother editing):

I have the GO4 video as well but it's pretty much the same as the first video I posted with some minor gimbal tilt thrown in for fun.

.DAT and .txt logs collected and archived on my drive - if anyone want to have a look let me know.

To finish, I need to vent and say that I'm thoroughly disappointed with my Lemon Pro (especially after my great experience with the P4P). Hopefully they will redeem their reputation by processing my RMA without a hitch.

I'll keep you guys posted (It's therapeutic)

Cheers.

Last edited:
What app and app version are you using?

I was on youtube and ran into this last you posted here. I can't place which one and version it is. Its very much possible this is your problem.

As a Hail Mary I tried using Lichi before my battery died, previous to that I was using GO4 I just didn't post the video because it's almost exactly the same as the one I linked in the first post.

The lemon Mavic behaves the same, regardless of what app I use and/or FW version is installed.

It's defective and going back to DJI.

As a Hail Mary I tried using Lichi before my battery died, previous to that I was using GO4 I just didn't post the video because it's almost exactly the same as the one I linked in the first post.

The lemon Mavic behaves the same, regardless of what app I use and/or FW version is installed.

It's defective and going back to DJI.

Based on all that you have tried, and if I knew you indeed properly calibrated the R/C, then I would agree that your A/C has issues. There is a couple of things in the .dat file that data pertaining to the a/c not flying straight. However, the data you're looking over would be more about showing you have a problem rather then what is needed to fix it.

Unfortunately, such things as not calibrating the compass properly that can cause the aircraft to not fly straight. You very well could get into the same problem with a different aircraft all due to not performing the process correctly.

Based on all that you have tried, and if I knew you indeed properly calibrated the R/C, then I would agree that your A/C has issues. There is a couple of things in the .dat file that data pertaining to the a/c not flying straight. However, the data you're looking over would be more about showing you have a problem rather then what is needed to fix it.

Unfortunately, such things as not calibrating the compass properly that can cause the aircraft to not fly straight. You very well could get into the same problem with a different aircraft all due to not performing the process correctly.

Compass calibration was carried out as instructed in the manual:

Open space, at least several meters away from any metalic materials (and on person).

360 deg around the horizontal axis (gimbal facing the horizon), and then, when prompted, around the vertical axis (gimbal facing the ground).

A very good primer on compass calibration can be found here:

Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

And yes, it still applies to the Mavic.

So yes, I've done my due diligence and also bear in mind I own a P4P that I fly and maintain with great care and she doesn't exhibit any of the symptoms I've described in this thread.

Based on this, and all the troubleshooting carried out I can certainly state that my Mavic is a lemon.

Lastly, based on some of the other mavic issue posts I've been reading (in my desperate search for the answer to my problem) you should consider yourself lucky that your unit has no defects.

Last edited:
Did you try a new set of props? That's pretty much the only thing I saw that wasn't mentioned. However, I do experience this same issue at times but usually due to wind.

Video is a worth a thousand words so please have a look at this (it's short and to the point):

Here's the log for this flight:

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

The video starts roughly halfway down the log, when the mavic is facing NW along the dirt road towards the tracks.

Unit is brand new, assembly/build date March 29 (based on the S/N).

I'm out of ideas guys. Done / re-done all the possible calibrations I can think off:
  • IMU calibration: (3 times at two seperate locations) all level surfaces.
  • Compass - multiple times / multiple areas away from any metal objects, nothing in my pocket, cell phone put away in the car.
  • Radio stick calibrations.
  • Gimbal calibration.
  • VPS calibration.
At first I thought it was the gimbal, but paying close attention visually I did notice a slight roll when she flies - You can clearly see it in the video as well 2 ~ 3 deg to the right. This particular flight was a windless morning.

What's more confusing it gets worse (or better) depending on the direction the Mavic is facing. At this point I'm guessing its the compass ('s) but I can't tell for sure. Looked at the FC log files and I don't see anything obvious. The compass deviation numbers "look" similar to my Phantom but than again I'm no expert.

What do you guys think?
How did u get the sticks to show on ur screen

Did you try a new set of props? That's pretty much the only thing I saw that wasn't mentioned. However, I do experience this same issue at times but usually due to wind.

Yep, post #12.

The flight in the second video I posted had some pretty strong cross wind blowing towards the line of trees and she still drifted AWAY from the trees. Even when I yawed to fly 'with the wind' she still drifted right regardless.

1st video had no wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters