DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new newbie here with my Dji mini 2.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland AlyJ.

Still too scared to start!!

We all had our first flight so I know what you're feeling.

Start in a wide open area if possible and make sure the Home Point has been established before launch.

Keep the aircraft within sight and practice with the sticks with slow inputs until you gradually gain confidence to venture a little higher and further.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Remember the joystick controls have 3 mode choices, or programmable. Default is mode 2. I changed mine immediately to mode 1 since it mimics my bobcat loader. It made it a whole lot easier to fly since the controls have already been programmed into my brain for several years. Have fun.

Welcome to the Mini 2 Family:

Start with a auto take off and hover position , going up and down only. You have to gain confidence in your Drone and your ability to control that direction. Step 2 would be to see how long your drone lasts in that hover position before it force lands. Pay attention to how that works.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and land on Water.

I've had it for 3 days and watched so many YouTube videos as well as reading the manual! Still too scared to start!!
Download the manual, print it, put it in a binder, and memorize it. Also, read (here) about other peoples problems with the Mini 2 and how they were solved. When I find something that I think may affect my flying, I print it and put it in my binder. After you fly it a few times with no problems (crashes) don't get cocky and start playing 'fighter pilot'. It will end badly. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum, as long as you follow some basic guidelines you will be fine, before every flight, check the props are locked into the motors, ensure the battery is fully charged, I would put the drone in beginner mode to start, fly within a large open space, ensure you are not reported, if you are having far too much fun while in lockdown ;),
Practice taking off and landing with minimal height, then you can start to expand your distance, ensuring VLOS. try landing with RTH make sure RTH is the location you are now in :oops: and most importantly ENJOY it !!!!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Wow! Thank you for the lovely welcome! I'm still reading and watching videos.... maybe tomorrow!!
Welcome from South Carolina! Where is Chesterfield? There is one here in SC.
As every one has said, take it slow to start, that thing will just about fly itself!! HAVE FUN!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird