DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BREAKING Flights at Gatwick Airport halted amid reports of drone flying in area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link the the story?

Maybe the easiest way for terrorists to disrupt things again? or are they just dickheads?

Reactions: snoopx
Look at it this way.
In NYC guns are outlawed. Yet every mofo on a street got one.
Even if they outlaw drones we already got one or few. Do you think Ill stop flying them just cause government told me so? Screw government.
If I am not mistaken knifes after muslim attacks in London also under scrutiny. You think there are less knifes in pockets now?
Dont you see that government punishes all for actions of the few. Is it smart? Why would you follow what people not so smart telling you to do?

ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz

They were spraying Novichok. Russians did it.

Same as most things in life, the majority do the right thing but the idiots bugger it up for the rest of us.

Lets hope it was just a couple of dickheads and not some targeted event.

Most people just go along in our little bubble blissfully unaware that there are some real ar5eholes walking the streets right next to us who only want to do us harm. The experts think that is just too hard for people to think about reality , so they just plod along with their daily life

Thankfully, most of you wont ever encounter what we called the ‘good crooks’ Those involved with keeping us safe work flat out behind the scenes and you will never know.

In their wildest dreams, the terrorists behind 911 couldn’t have wished for the outcome but the resulting cost to convert aircraft and the associated controls as a result is a big win for them

Do you really think the terrorists have all gone away? There are so many sleeper cells just waiting for the next shitfight.
anything that causes us grief is a win for them

I'm not some tin foil hat wearer, I've been involved in some heavy stuff over the years that the average joe doesn’t even realise is happening right next door to them. Next time there are major terror arrests, watch the tv and every neighbour will say “geez they were such a lovely family who fitted in well”.

Anyway, back to your sleepfest and hopefully the goodies will be one step ahead of them

Look at it this way.
In NYC guns are outlawed. Yet every mofo on a street got one.
Even if they outlaw drones we already got one or few. Do you think Ill stop flying them just cause government told me so? Screw government.
If I am not mistaken knifes after muslim attacks in London also under scrutiny. You think there are less knifes in pockets now?
Dont you see that government punishes all for actions of the few. Is it smart? Why would you follow what people not so smart telling you to do?
Guess you're some kind of anarchist and a not very literate one either!

The current gun laws should be changed to make them mandatory that everyone must be issued with one and they must be used daily as a way of population control of mofo’s.
i believe that there are way too many mofo's in NYC ATM and they should be controlled by a strategic culling scheme
Seems to be working so far but needs some refinement
i love this new form of the English language but shouldn't it be "mofu's"

I bet it gets worse with Christmas just round the corner, how many people will be buying them for their kids who haven’t got a clue regarding rules & regulations, I’d hate to think:confused:

Gatwick drones: airport suspends flights after reports of devices

A great big 'thanks' to these idiots who not only have the Police tracking them down, but have also alienated a significant number of travelling public - all who will now see our hobby as destructive and intrusive!
I heard announcers on the radio asking Gatwick Management staff "Why couldn't you just shoot them down?" ...
There is a 5-year prison sentence for entering Airport airspace like this (under UK Law). So I hope that whoever has done this - and it sounds almost like a co-ordinated 'attack' by two or more drones - gets the book thrown at them!

Reports that drones have been flying from 9pm to 3am. They must have a ready supply of batteries or a really long battery life!
There is a video on Twitter ... ... of a 'Drone' (well a light flying around in the sky) which appears to have quite a powerful light attached - but it's just hovering in the airspace [vid' taken out the window of an aircraft on the tarmac]. This could be a disruptive piece of intentional vandalism - but it doesn't appear to be done by any little racing drones. Due to flight duration and the intensity of the light, looks like serious hardware!

Reactions: mnis and snoopx
It used to be that lights in the sky were UFO's ... now they are 'Drones' ... It was us all along! Time-travelling Mavic's ... we'll be getting a load of grief for cattle mutilations and abductions next :p

Reactions: Gary Rowe
I have to say this is odd.
I doubt any, even the most stupid hobbyist (the application of common sense akin to buying a bicycle, getting excited at the possibilities it offers, and deciding to go for a ride on the motorway) would be out flying a drone at night, in what appears to be rainy conditions too. Let alone two of them. That just doesn't add up. And while I am just as disdainful as the majority of us are about those who leap on the conspiracy theory band wagon (really, get a grip you weirdos) I am beginning to suspect it's a deliberate act to disrupt air travel/traffic for an as yet undefined reason.

I guess we will find out as time passes and some crank group admit the act.

God help these people when they are caught and made an example of. Could be just one step away from having GPS jammed or pulled. This will have global drone implications I fear. For example travelling (flying) with your drone at airports!

Sourc:e SKY NEWS

00:15
Timeline of drone since last night
Mr Woodroofe said a drone was spotted by two members of Gatwick staff at 9am on Wednesday so they closed the airport.
It then kept disappearing then reappearing until 2am.
They reopened the airport at 3am but the drone came back at 3.45am so they had to close the airport again.

00:09
'There is a drone on my airfield right now'
Gatwick's chief operating officer Chris Woodroofe just told Sky News: "As I stand here there is a drone on my airfield, as we speak."

23:52
Check before travelling to Gatwick

23:41
Flying a drone close to an airport is illegal, CAA warns

(1/2) It is totally unacceptable to fly drones close to airports and anyone flouting the rules can face severe penalties including imprisonment.

Anyone operating a drone must do so responsibly and observe all relevant rules and regulations.

Replying to @UK_CAA

(2/2) The rules for flying drones are designed to keep all airspace users safe.

The CAA's Dronecode provides advice on how to fly your drone safely and follow the rules. you can see it at: http://www.dronesafe.uk .#Gatwick #Gatwick_Airport

Last edited:
BBC Radio 5 Live about to have a phone in about this at 9am UK time. They’ve already commuted this story to “drones bad” rather than “criminals bad” citing “people find these annoying” and “affect privacy.”

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147