DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BREAKING Flights at Gatwick Airport halted amid reports of drone flying in area

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on Cape York at top of Australia and wanted to fly my Mavic Pro near Musgrove station up there, but it had a landing strip that gets 1 plane a week and it wouldn't let me take off.
Was not willing to turn off GPS in case drone decided it wanted to go its own way.

Maybe they need to make drone manufacturers ensure the GPS systems cannot be turned off, and the software prevents them from entering restricted airspace.

How would whomever enforce a blanket ban on Drones? Impossible task my friend. Maybe Drones need IFF like aircraft?

Maybe it is DJI that they really want to ban....

You know, now with China and USA getting more heated up (trade war, Huawei exec arrested, Canadians arrested, etc), I don't know what's next...

I have it on record that at least one popular USA-based website (nothing to do with drones) have accused China of spying on their many members and have recently banned China IPs....although they lifted it later, I thought that was pretty bizarre.

With the trade war and all, what's next? Don't forget DJI is banned for all employees and personnel of the US military, this was not long ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dronarium
OK folks . If this has came down to just insulting each other , OT post then I see no need for this to continue .
Now if you want this to continue let's all be together in this and be civil .
Thanks

Overall, it's looking fabricated... by whom... Govt, Local Politics to drive an agenda, etc.... Unknown.
With all the technology available with Airport, Law Enforcement, and Military; not 1 decent "accurate photo", no evidence discovered, selected a couple whom apparently were basically a draw of the Hat without any substance, basically to divert attention and get Airport back open and wait a day to dismiss couple without much attention. If there is any truth being concealed, the end result will be lies or misleading information resulting in the Public not remembering facts but the distaste for Drones causing havoc, which appears may not even be the case. People feed on lies & rumors and question the truth, and the "powers that be" utilize this behavior often to accomplish an agenda that can't be accomplished with fact & truth.

Kinda-Sorta related... last month there was a UK Police CT unit and a Battery issue, that resulted in Govt Notices, heavy Global media coverage, and a FW update issued that several Owners identified containing malware to correct the problem... a problem no one really experienced. A problem that basically was limited to 1 single event. It too also faded quickly after the media impact and the only Public memory residual effect is again... negative drone.

Overall, it's looking fabricated... by whom... Govt, Local Politics to drive an agenda, etc.... Unknown.
With all the technology available with Airport, Law Enforcement, and Military; not 1 decent "accurate photo", no evidence discovered, selected a couple whom apparently were basically a draw of the Hat without any substance, basically to divert attention and get Airport back open and wait a day to dismiss couple without much attention. If there is any truth being concealed, the end result will be lies or misleading information resulting in the Public not remembering facts but the distaste for Drones causing havoc, which appears may not even be the case. People feed on lies & rumors and question the truth, and the "powers that be" utilize this behavior often to accomplish an agenda that can't be accomplished with fact & truth.

Kinda-Sorta related... last month there was a UK Police CT unit and a Battery issue, that resulted in Govt Notices, heavy Global media coverage, and a FW update issued that several Owners identified containing malware to correct the problem... a problem no one really experienced. A problem that basically was limited to 1 single event. It too also faded quickly after the media impact and the only Public memory residual effect is again... negative drone.
Personally - I'll just wait 'till the story comes out ...

I know it's nothing like on TV shows, but I do know that Police agencies don't just say - "Yes it's murder. The victim died yesterday - so on to the next case!" There will be ongoing investigation into this and it will take time - and the story will come out accordingly.

I know it's nothing like on TV shows, but I do know that Police agencies don't just say - "Yes it's murder. The victim died yesterday - so on to the next case!" There will be ongoing investigation into this and it will take time - and the story will come out accordingly.
True... although thousands of cold cases, and those had evidence and importance.
IF it isn't driven by other factors... if it's a diversion or push for agenda.... they'll let it fade.
That probably occurs more than public realizes.
Time will tell... I'm betting on the fade based on last few days activity.

That is what I'm leaning on. And if you think about it, it's so easy (for anyone) to stage something bad about drones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown