DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BREAKING Flights at Gatwick Airport halted amid reports of drone flying in area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its what ive been saying all along. a 50 mile exclusion zone or as 500 page test wont stop these people. How does extending the NFZ help when the drone at gatwick wasnt respecting the NFZ anyway?

Don't confuse posts, I also believe extending the NFZ to be pointless, I suggested registering drones as well as pilots. Yes, rule breakers will break rules, but it's better than doing nothing. Once we have it we can focus on tracking down those who haven't registered. The CAA (at the moment) have only chosen to register pilots as some businesses have fleets of drones and the CAA wanted to make it a simple enough system so that people can/will comply without any issues.

Reactions: sar104
For many years, there has been a requirement to register motor vehicles, ensure that drivers are licenced and also that drivers don’t drive while pissed or drug affected - but everyday thousands of people ignore all 3 requirements.

Nothing will stop anyone who doesn’t give a rats about rules and it will only restrict us

That's true, but how many each day don't ignore those requirements, many of whom would not abide by them if they were not law? So most of these laws are actually very effective; laws aim to reduce unsafe or antisocial behavior - there is no expectation that they will eliminate it completely.

Linking to an earlier thread full of misinformation doesn't make the argument. I'm not entirely sure about Android but I can say that there has never been a forced iOS update.

Android has never had a forced update either.

Also, if you have no internet then the app has no internet to even know there IS a forced update available!

Reactions: mnis
Perhaps authorities there need to use Google Search every so often **

Or perhaps you should use google search to research exactly what it takes to bring a new product into the country, get it type approved, certified, trained, manuals written and approved safe for use in public? A little clue, that doesnt happen in 2 days.

Reactions: Dw911 and ataraxia
Android has never had a forced update either.

Also, if you have no internet then the app has no internet to even know there IS a forced update available!
Thank you for speaking for and the clarification offered on behalf of all Android users globally, please see post #157 and enlighten me with your wisdom [emoji39]

If you are forced to update, and if your internet is poor/slow you cannot fly - but you're right, if there is no internet the app will not force the update.

Breaking news the two people arrested by the police have been released from custody with no charges being made.

When your boss provides an alibi stating you were at work when crime was being committed, I’d say it’s pretty clear cut.
Released without charge does not mean you're in the clear, investigators may need more time, but the mob demand some blood, and specific facts can only get in the way...[emoji39]

When your boss provides an alibi stating you were at work when crime was being committed, I’d say it’s pretty clear cut.

I would suspect more like mobile phone and maybe CCTV locations than anything to back it up.

You couldn`t make this up, really.....someone reports a known drone enthusiast who happens to live by Gatwick and oh well it must be him and his missus then, wheel em in, that`ll shut the public up, er, whoops....wrong.

The world must be thinking how stupid, ridiculous and incompetent we really are in The UK...

Reactions: Dw911 and Clinton1
You couldn`t make this up, really.....someone reports a known drone enthusiast who happens to live by Gatwick and oh well it must be him and his missus then, wheel em in, that`ll shut the public up, er, whoops....wrong.

The world must be thinking how stupid, ridiculous and incompetent we really are in The UK...

Sort of similar thing happened here. Police turned up after "receiving a complaint" about a flight made 3 weeks previously. To their credit they immediately apologised for having to come but had to as a complaint made. Then immediately stated no offence committed. They said they didnt even need to see flight logs (but were shown anyway) and they left with advice of "keep flying, no problem. nice pictures". But the cause of that complaint was someone in the area who disliked the fact you can see into his back garden from the air. Complete waste of police time but shows the type of people around. Police handed it fairly and the best they could to credit them.

Reactions: mavic53
Sort of similar thing happened here. Police turned up after "receiving a complaint" about a flight made 3 weeks previously. To their credit they immediately apologised for having to come but had to as a complaint made. Then immediately stated no offence committed. They said they didnt even need to see flight logs (but were shown anyway) and they left with advice of "keep flying, no problem. nice pictures". But the cause of that complaint was someone in the area who disliked the fact you can see into his back garden from the air. Complete waste of police time but shows the type of people around. Police handed it fairly and the best they could to credit them.

Ignorance is our biggest enemy......

Thank you for speaking for and the clarification offered on behalf of all Android users globally, please see post #157 and enlighten me with your wisdom [emoji39]

If you are forced to update, and if your internet is poor/slow you cannot fly - but you're right, if there is no internet the app will not force the update.

I fire up my M2P and check for updates before I leave the house!

Works great no flight delays

My two cents

Reactions: mnis
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member