DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BREAKING Flights at Gatwick Airport halted amid reports of drone flying in area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is it - foreign terrorists or the UK government trying to distract from Brexit?
It might work as old scenario. Government well aware of plans and let it unfold without interruption. They don’t participate them self. Not directly

It might work as old scenario. Government well aware of plans and let it unfold without interruption. They don’t participate them self. Not directly

I see. Different question then; why the fascination with conspiracy theories? Have you not noticed that, almost without exception, except in novels and movies, conspiracy theories never turn out to be correct?

Reactions: JDawg
Can you factually dismiss a possibility that government knowingly did nothing to stop such act? After all we know for a fact FBI knew about those saudis and CIA knew about same saudis.

It’s all about which truth you choose to support.
Billions beleive one conspiracy theory and call it religion. It’s only supported by hear say and some old books with no facts at all yet millions die due to it

Last edited:
Reactions: choo choo
I hope we hear the truth about this story and it doesn't end in some total speculation so the media can run wild.
I want to see a picture not just a faint light in the sky with all the hype I'm surprised they haven't shout down airports world wide.
People are always afraid of what they don't know I can see someone calling the police next time I fly and I live in the country no where near an airport.
The problem is the media creates so much hype that when the truth comes out they don't report it because it makes them look like idiots.

Can you factuality dismiss a possibility that government knowingly did nothing to stop such act? After all we know for a fact FBI knew about those saudis and CIA knew about same saudis.

It’s all about which truth you choose to support.
Billions beleive one conspiracy theory and call it religion. It’s only supported by hear say and some old books with no facts at all yet millions die due to it

That's completely flawed logic, and I'm struggling to accept that you don't know that. There is an infinite set of obviously ridiculous theories that cannot be disproved. So you cannot, defensibly, just invent any old story and then claim validity simply because it cannot be disproved. "Choose which truth to support"? What kind of nonsense is that?

You are correct that religion is exactly the same and that just because huge numbers of people choose, without evidence, to believe something, doesn't make it real. Given that you understand that, it's even more puzzling why you would fall into exactly the same trap.

I hope we hear the truth about this story and it doesn't end in some total speculation so the media can run wild.
I want to see a picture not just a faint light in the sky with all the hype I'm surprised they haven't shout down airports world wide.
People are always afraid of what they don't know I can see someone calling the police next time I fly and I live in the country no where near an airport.
The problem is the media creates so much hype that when the truth comes out they don't report it because it makes them look like idiots.

There appears to be some actual video now, showing what is clearly a largish quadcopter, probably not DJI, flying over the airport. Unless it's actually an LE UAV, which seems unlikely at this point as they have helicopters up there, that seems moderately conclusive.

Gatwick Airport chaos: Police send in SNIPERS to shoot down drone | Daily Mail Online

It’s exactly “choose what truth to support”

Look at today’s America and Russian collusion.
It’s perfect case of “choose what truth to believe “
Entire USA lives that way for two years now.

You are either projecting or you have been deceived by your news sources. While a depressingly large number of people do, the entire USA does not choose which truth to believe. And you still haven't explained why, despite recognizing why that makes no sense, you are doing the same thing.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Going out on a limb here but, to me this has all the hallmarks of a terrorist or dumb sympathiser attack, max disruption, high grade drones, they have not been able to locate it with usual tech, the reports are overstating that it is not terrorist related due to the panic it would cause plus it appears to be too well orchestrated with perhaps multiple operators for it to be a couple of idiots.

I hope I`m wrong because it could have serious implications on many levels, and lets hope the perpetraitors don`t have anything worse planned!!

Try searching "ISIS Have Drones"

Dreadfull day..

Last edited:
You are either projecting or you have been deceived by your news sources. While a depressingly large number of people do, the entire USA does not choose which truth to believe. And you still haven't explained why, despite recognizing why that makes no sense, you are doing the same thing.

Take it anyway it’s satisfying to you. But what we know is enough to doubt any government’s good will. Imagine what we don’t know.

The media will run wild regardless particularly as this is a fantastic story for them stoking up anti-drone hysteria which is bound to get them clicks. Even some of the more responsible sites seem to be ignoring any common sense and instead bashing the drone industry and the government for lack of controls, I was reading an article on the Guardian today that claimed that anyone could go along to PC World, pick up a drone and cause this type of disruption. No reference to NFZ, geofencing or the fact these supposed are performing well outwith what a consumer drone could do.

Reactions: mnis
Try to explain to media difference between ar15 and assault rifle.
With drones.... don’t even try

We live in the world of agenda and cosmetics. Not reasoning and function.

Take it anyway it’s satisfying to you. But what we know is enough to doubt any government’s good will. Imagine what we don’t know.

Okay, you obviously are not going to attempt to answer the question or defend the position, so I'll quit badgering you.

You certainly don't have any problem with the imagining part.

I live within 5km of Gatwick and drive for at least half an hour to get well out of the no fly zone before flying... oh well... looks like even the responsible ones will get screwed by this/these idiot(s). 2 years ago I was grounded for 2 hours on a plane at Gatwick due to a drone incident and I can only feel for those 100’s of 1000s still trying to get to and from their destinations after nearly 24 hours. This seems to be a bunch of idiots rather than a large scale operation for reasons I won’t expand on...

Reactions: adam3112
If it is true, then these drone flyers are idiots. Throw the book at them if/when they are caught. We should do all we can to get them caught.

I now wonder what sort of reception we will receive taking our drone on holiday via airports, more people will now be anti drone because of this nightmare. We’ll have to wait and see, time will tell;)

Reactions: mnis and adam3112
Please Note: 2x DRONES were spotted ? are you sure ???
… this said by 2x employees???

This has NOT BEEN Confirmed !!!!!!

These unsubstantiated reports of "Its a DRONE that did it" - is starting to IRRITATE !!!!
(the other day it was that a drone had hit the Nosecone of a Jet - again - Nonsense- not a shred of evidence)

Its Not a Drone - Unless proven to be one-
Maybe a Bird, a Plane, Maybe Superman !

DRONE in an Airport?
UNLIKELY !!!!

- … But where is the Proof of DRONE?????

Going out on a limb here but, to me this has all the hallmarks of a terrorist or dumb sympathiser attack, max disruption, high grade drones, they have not been able to locate it with usual tech, the reports are overstating that it is not terrorist related due to the panic it would cause plus it appears to be too well orchestrated with perhaps multiple operators for it to be a couple of idiots.

I hope I`m wrong because it could have serious implications on many levels, and lets hope the perpetraitors don`t have anything worse planned!!

Try searching "ISIS Have Drones"

Dreadfull day..

Either terrorists or the ‘green lot’ against the runway extension. Either way it’s caused a lot of heartache and expense for ordinary folks, business and tax payers. The Army have arrived with a Chinook helicopter now!!!!

Reactions: mnis
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olab