DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Breaking News: End Of The DJI Phantom Line

I read somewhere I ( believe Drone DJ) that due to the slowing of the consumer market that DJI was going to shift its focus to agriculture drone applications.
Read the article rather than the headline and look at the numbers involved.
DJI's just putting a little more effort into ag drones - but they will still be only a small part of the company's output.

Has anyone noticed that the video (which I saw and watched a few times last night), is no longer available. I believe it was "Bill The Drone Reviewer" that had posted it, but not 100% sure (saying he had talked to a director at DJI who confirmed the phantom line was discontinued), and now I can't find it anywhere online, and no one else has posted any information on this. I would think if DJI was really ending the Phantom line of drones, there would be all kinds of discussions on it. So, it can only be one of a few things:

1) He was actually talking to someone from DJI and wasn't supposed to share this information (so he pulled the video)
2) He posted it just to get a lot of views and then decided its bad business to make sh*** up
3) He has a bunch of P4Pro v2 drones he wants to sell, so he made up the story to increase demand?
4) Or he posted it after a long night of drugs and alcohol, and had no idea what he was posting :)

Thoughts?
I'm not sure what to think, I have 12K saved up for a New Drone, but not quite interested in the Inspire, I think it's too big of a Drone, Phantom 4 V 2.0 is not compatible with the Smart Controller, which rules it out. I'm hoping to replace my Phantom 4, which is Still very fun to fly, I've been using it over the past few weeks instead of my Mavic 2 Pro, although it is Larger and Heavier than the M2P, it feels a lot more stable when in flight, hopefully this is all just a rumor, and DJI will produce a Phantom that is more technically advanced than the M2P, My Cash is Ready, the next Move is on DJI

Last edited:
It's really annoying that one of the top DJI guys clearly states in an interview that the Phantom line has been discontinued except for the P4 RTK. No word about what's coming up, which is par for the DJI course, but for there to be no confirmation (or otherwise) posted on the DJI site or forum simple leaves us all up in the air.

Something certainly is fishy because DJI told one of the YouTubers to delete his video which pointed to the original video containing the interview. DJI most probably also asked the YouTubers who conducted the interview to delete or edit their content but it is still there - kudos to them.

So was the DJI guy (one of the top executives) totally wrong? I suppose we will just have to wait to see what pans out....

Reactions: Former Member
It's really annoying that one of the top DJI guys clearly states in an interview that the Phantom line has been discontinued except for the P4 RTK.
... So was the DJI guy (one of the top executives) totally wrong?
DJI has ~6000 employees.
Is RD one of their "top guys" and would DJI's Director of Public Safety Integration know what's being planned for the Phantom line?
Something certainly is fishy because DJI told one of the YouTubers to delete his video which pointed to the original video containing the interview.
That would be interesting if true ... but do we know that's true?
If DJI wanted that removed from the public record, what would be their reason?

Looks like the wheels are coming off at DJI. This scandal appears to be having a much more profound impact than what the company is indicating.

Reactions: Former Member
Easy - can you point to any DJI products that have any wheels?

OK - so that one still has wheels. But they've clearly fallen off all the other products.

Reactions: Meta4 and brett8883
It's really annoying that one of the top DJI guys clearly states in an interview that the Phantom line has been discontinued except for the P4 RTK. No word about what's coming up, which is par for the DJI course, but for there to be no confirmation (or otherwise) posted on the DJI site or forum simple leaves us all up in the air.

Something certainly is fishy because DJI told one of the YouTubers to delete his video which pointed to the original video containing the interview. DJI most probably also asked the YouTubers who conducted the interview to delete or edit their content but it is still there - kudos to them.

So was the DJI guy (one of the top executives) totally wrong? I suppose we will just have to wait to see what pans out....

I agree. Who knows what DJI is a up to? Maybe they dont even know. My guess is that they are still reeling from the scandal, and trying to recover lost assets.

Last edited:
Looks like the wheels are coming off at DJI. This scandal appears to be having a much more profound impact than what the company is indicating.

Thats an interesting point. How do you think the scandal affected DJI? Do you think the scandal might have an effect on the discontinuation of the Phantom line? Or has the scandal had an affect on its "supplier problems" and is that the cause of DJI’s decision to pull the plug on the Phantom, pointing to a tweet from DJI’s Support Twitter account indicating a shortage of parts? (thedronegirl)

As @crystal-pete said, "I suppose we will just have to wait to see what pans out.... ."

DJI, "due to a shortage of parts from a supplier, DJI is unable to manufacture more Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 drones until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause." I wonder when, if ever, that further notice might be?

Reactions: deleted member 877

Sorry - now I realise that you were referring to the scandal involving staff embezzlement. And you're probably on the money as far as the effect on the company goes.

I thought the writing was on the wall when the Mavic Pro first came out. Since then, i sure a very large portion of the potential Phantom market switched to Mavic.

I thought the writing was on the wall when the Mavic Pro first came out. Since then, i sure a very large portion of the potential Phantom market switched to Mavic.

A comparison of the amount of traffic on this site versus the PP site certainly backs up that hypothesis.

You ain’t lying .I see it most likely more than lots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400