DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bricked my Mavic Pro

Ardy

Reactions
I tried downgrading my Mavic Pro from v01.04.0100 to v01.03.0400 and when I rebooted my Mavic, it wouldn't connect via USB to DJI Assistant 2, or Dumldore or the RC. I cannot access the Mavic in any way to re-flash the firmware. I tried switching USB cables and switching to another computer running MacOS. Nothing works. Is there anything I can do now?

If it is truely bricked, and it sounds like it is, It needs to be repaired. DJI or @Thunderdrones can help.
Just curious, why were you trying to downgrade firmware to a version that was replaced for probably good reason?

Reactions: Former Member
Because I had terrible range on the new firmware when I use to have great range on the old one.

Anyways. Thanks.

Sorry man, I had not heard of the firmware causing range issues. That is usually a setting that gets changed in the Go 4 app that I have seen people talk about. It should not be too major of a deal, contact @Thunderdrones. Good luck!

try on a windows compter if u can, i downgraded mine also and i struggled to get things to take on my mac, its sad to say that some things just work better on a pc haha, if worse comes to worse try the newest assistant not the modded one, and see if it recognizes it and will let u install the newest firmware.

Reactions: Flycaster
Tried all that. Windows, Newest Assistant.

RIP my Mavic

I found the fix. I give 100% credit to myself. LMAO. I opened the darn thing up and took out the internal SD card. Not the one for video. The one for firmware files. Then, I installed the firmware I wanted, I formatted the Internal Memory Chip on my PC and put it back in. Everything works now.

I found the fix. I give 100% credit to myself. LMAO. I opened the darn thing up and took out the internal SD card. Not the one for video. The one for firmware files. Then, I installed the firmware I wanted, I formatted the Internal Memory Chip on my PC and put it back in. Everything works now.
Do you mean you took the internal SD card out, formatted it, put it back in, THEN installed the FW in that order?

Brilliant fix, your Mavic lives on!
Was it difficult removing internal storage? Is it soldered In?

Do you mean you took the internal SD card out, formatted it, put it back in, THEN installed the FW in that order?

No. Take out Internal SD Card, set it aside. Then, reflash one of the new firmwares. You must flash above 01.04.xxxx. Format Internal SD Card on your computer. Put it back in. Then re-flash whatever firmware you want. Don't jump from 01.04.xxxx to like 01.03.0400. I think that's what caused the brick in the first place. Go down step by step. I did 01.04.0500, to 01.04.0400, to 01.04.0100, to 01.03.1000, to 01.03.0700, to 01.03.0400.

Reactions: Shon and Flycaster
Brilliant fix, your Mavic lives on!
Was it difficult removing internal storage? Is it soldered In?

Thanks!! Opening the Mavic takes 8 screws. They're 1.5mm hex. Then the body is held on with plastic clips that are very hard to get unclipped. But doable. Then there's glue on the SD Card holder that needs to be removed. It's not soldered. It's easy to do. Digdat0 has a good video tutorial on YouTube. Watch a few different ones.

Reactions: Mel007 and cadbob
GREAT NEWS! now for the $10 question, did it fix your range issue?

In general, 01.03.0400 didn’t work well in general with the new DJI GO 4 App. Video was laggy. Some parts of the new app weren’t even compatible with this old firmware. .0400 was just too old.

I updated to .0900 (the last version that you can remove the altitude limit) and it was released long ago enough that DJI hadn’t started making the Mavic worse in order to drive more sales of their new drones.

Works fine with the app now. I can’t do a range test just yet because it’s raining and gonnna be raining non stop for another week. Vancouver, I love you.

Attachments

• 54D4DFDE-1B44-429D-BA09-A7BF9F618CFC.jpeg
    54D4DFDE-1B44-429D-BA09-A7BF9F618CFC.jpeg
    481.3 KB · Views: 102
01.03.0900 Works AMAZING!!. Great Range, No issues. Compatible with DJI Go 4 App. (Unlike 0.400)

Just no HDR, AEB, Pano, Interval Photos.

Reactions: Lopez0015
01.03.0900 Works AMAZING!!. Great Range, No issues. Compatible with DJI Go 4 App. (Unlike 0.400)

Just no HDR, AEB, Pano, Interval Photos.

I know you will love it
Hey what about camera ? Do you see improvement like I did ?

Yeah. .03.0900 is great. Coming from 04.0500, I didn’t notice any image quality changes.

Reactions: Lopez0015
I tried downgrading my Mavic Pro from v01.04.0100 to v01.03.0400 and when I rebooted my Mavic, it wouldn't connect via USB to DJI Assistant 2, or Dumldore or the RC. I cannot access the Mavic in any way to re-flash the firmware. I tried switching USB cables and switching to another computer running MacOS. Nothing works. Is there anything I can do now?
Hey @Ardy,

Registered after seeing this thread.

I bought a pre owned mavic online that has the same symptoms as yours and I just wanted to run this past you to see if your fix below looks similar?

Remote Control is all ok connecting to DJI Go and DJI Assist,

1. AC powers on with yellow flashing lights - no gimbal check with power on
2. RC can't connect to AC
3. Bind button on AC not functioning - despite clicking in when pressed with a pointy implement.
3. DJI go app - can't see AC
4. DJI Assistant can't see AC - using different cables - (installed correctly by disabling driver signature in bios)
5. DJI Assistant can't see AC - using wifi
6. AC Wifi led is blank (should be red and then green after binding with RC)
7. Can't see the RC wifi network on android.

looks well and truly bricked from the above but it looks very like your issue that is solvable with your fix?

Did you have these exact same symptoms? was there anything above working at all?

Cheers,
Magzy

Open the Mavic up and remove the internal SD card. Then, with the internal SD card still out, flash the latest firmware. The older firmwares will not install without an internal SD card but the new ones will. Can’t remember which ones so just flash the latest.

You can break the anti downgrade lock with Dumldore from GitHub. I like to run 01.03.0900.

Before you flash 01.03.0900. Format the SD card with your PC and put it in.

Open the Mavic up and remove the internal SD card. Then, with the internal SD card still out, flash the latest firmware. The older firmwares will not install without an internal SD card but the new ones will. Can’t remember which ones so just flash the latest.

You can break the anti downgrade lock with Dumldore from GitHub. I like to run 01.03.0900.

Before you flash 01.03.0900. Format the SD card with your PC and put it in.
Thanks and understood.

Before I get all excited about this - were you getting the led bind button at least lighting up in the bricked state? - also was the gimbal check not happening on startup?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS