DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brilliant Case for Mavic 2

I got one of these due to the versatility... It's exceeded my expectations

917K-yxMu3L._SL1500_.jpg

91LimqUgY9L._SL1500_.jpg

The backpack configuration was the key feature so I could carry it on my Dualtron Thunder electric scooter. Also, the outer main flap has several pockets and a fair amount of space for some personal items:

A1ONCLIuXJL._SL1500_.jpg

I see nothing wrong with the DJI case. it fits more than enough and also the RC spot will fit either regular RC or the new Smart RC. as for the comment on the foam its the same foam that's inside the Inspire 1 stock suitcase, the Phantom 3/4 backpacks. as well as the Inspire 2, Spark, and almost any other DJI product. and if its shipped and sold with a $6k Inspire 2 then whats wrong with it?

mavic2pro.jpg

Reactions: W2EJ and Mav2fly
I see nothing wrong with the DJI case. it fits more than enough and also the RC spot will fit either regular RC or the new Smart RC. as for the comment on the foam its the same foam that's inside the Inspire 1 stock suitcase, the Phantom 3/4 backpacks. as well as the Inspire 2, Spark, and almost any other DJI product. and if its shipped and sold with a $6k Inspire 2 then whats wrong with it?

View attachment 61491
Totally agree with you, i love the dji case because it's compact, holds all the gears and the smart controller fits inside perfectly, just had to tweak the base of the foam angle so the controller gies in a bit more and i am extremely happy so far. Now if the weather could cooperate!

I got one of these due to the versatility... It's exceeded my expectations

917K-yxMu3L._SL1500_.jpg

91LimqUgY9L._SL1500_.jpg

The backpack configuration was the key feature so I could carry it on my Dualtron Thunder electric scooter. Also, the outer main flap has several pockets and a fair amount of space for some personal items:

A1ONCLIuXJL._SL1500_.jpg
That’s exactly what I was talking about! It is an excellent backpack and it allows me to stow all my gear that I need to go fly without a lot of unnecessary weight. And the price was a bonus too. I usually have a hard case for my other drones but I wanted one that was smaller and able to sling onto my shoulders for this one.
Portability was the determining factor for my M2P!!
:)

Reactions: 747P4
That’s exactly what I was talking about! It is an excellent backpack and it allows me to stow all my gear that I need to go fly without a lot of unnecessary weight. And the price was a bonus too. I usually have a hard case for my other drones but I wanted one that was smaller and able to sling onto my shoulders for this one.
Portability was the determining factor for my M2P!!
:)

How are the zippers on the bag and thanks for your appraisal of the bag Thumbswayup

Reactions: Inspirephil
I picked up on the comment about Plasti-Dip spray. Never thought of using it for the purpose of stabilizing pick and pluck foam. Thanks very much for the tip. Going to try it out on some sample leftover chunks of foam. Cheers.

Is there room in one of the pockets to stow the straps etc?
Thanks.
Yes, I have a lot of different equipment stored in it including my iPad mini 4, cables, car charger, 4 batteries, 1 PolarPro flightdeck mounting bracket, etc.
And it comes with a separate rain jacket that protects it from moisture if it gets rainy.

Attachments

• 6AF02A80-F7C9-46CE-9FFE-81F8FF591A94.jpeg
    6AF02A80-F7C9-46CE-9FFE-81F8FF591A94.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • 416C42A6-F77D-45F5-8F36-14299CBA80AE.jpeg
    416C42A6-F77D-45F5-8F36-14299CBA80AE.jpeg
    972.5 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: 747P4
Yes, I have a lot of different equipment stored in it including my iPad mini 4, cables, car charger, 4 batteries, 1 PolarPro flightdeck mounting bracket, etc.
And it comes with a separate rain jacket that protects it from moisture if it gets rainy.

Thanks for the pictures which helped a great deal. Just ordered one which should be here on Monday. Have a great weekend Thumbswayup

Thanks for the pictures which helped a great deal. Just ordered one which should be here on Monday. Have a great weekend Thumbswayup
You’re welcome, I thought pictures would be worth a thousand words! I think you’re going to be glad you bought it. And you can’t beat the price either!

You’re welcome, I thought pictures would be worth a thousand words! I think you’re going to be glad you bought it. And you can’t beat the price either!

Those pictures were worth more than a thousand words! :)
This case will be great when I place it in the trunk of my motorcycle. Having the versatility of different straps is a real bonus.
I have a semi-hard case for the M2Z, with the cutout for the original RC, but now I have the new SC I will be able to carry both in this new case. My M2P will be swapped back and forth as needed :D

Those pictures were worth more than a thousand words! :)
This case will be great when I place it in the trunk of my motorcycle. Having the versatility of different straps is a real bonus.
I have a semi-hard case for the M2Z, with the cutout for the original RC, but now I have the new SC I will be able to carry both in this new case. My M2P will be swapped back and forth as needed :D
What’s your opinion on the Smart Controller? I just can’t justify that much money for it. My iPad mini 4 has a bigger screen and it costs less than half the price and if it’s too bright out I just use a sunshade. And if it’s very bright I’lI just use my crystal sky monitor. I might think about it after they get all the issues worked out.

What’s your opinion on the Smart Controller? I just can’t justify that much money for it. My iPad mini 4 has a bigger screen and it costs less than half the price and if it’s too bright out I just use a sunshade. And if it’s very bright I’lI just use my crystal sky monitor. I might think about it after they get all the issues worked out.

You probably made a wise decision not to get the SC at this current point in time.
I had already sold my CS monitor and I would have liked to use the mini iPad, which I don't have.
The new SC is very responsive and the screen is fine in sun light as I test drove it this week. Pity DJI didn't include straps and a case for the controller for the amount they were charging.
The control sticks seem to allow for a "little extra" travel before the bird responds and video feed has been good compared with the CS monitor which wasn't always the case.
Build quality and feel in the hands is pretty good and I don't find it to much in weight to hold for 30 minutes or so. It will be interesting to see how far in the "life cycle" the new SC will go and will DJI allow future drones to connect with the SC. I very much doubt this, as Occu sync 3 may be in the works sooner than we think, but that's my humble opinion.

You probably made a wise decision not to get the SC at this current point in time.
I had already sold my CS monitor and I would have liked to use the mini iPad, which I don't have.
The new SC is very responsive and the screen is fine in sun light as I test drove it this week. Pity DJI didn't include straps and a case for the controller for the amount they were charging.
The control sticks seem to allow for a "little extra" travel before the bird responds and video feed has been good compared with the CS monitor which wasn't always the case.
Build quality and feel in the hands is pretty good and I don't find it to much in weight to hold for 30 minutes or so. It will be interesting to see how far in the "life cycle" the new SC will go and will DJI allow future drones to connect with the SC. I very much doubt this, as Occu sync 3 may be in the works sooner than we think, but that's my humble opinion.
IMHO, that’s been the case whenever DJI releases anything new it takes awhile before all the issues are resolved. And that’s why I am waiting for them to get them worked out.
I hardly ever use my 7.85” UB crystal sky monitor and actually I am thinking about selling it soon. The Android based system is ridiculous and I just don’t understand why DJI and Apple haven’t gotten together and colloborated on a iOS version?? It just doesn’t make sense.
Anyway I gotta get going because I am going to see Bob Seger tonight!! :)

IMHO, that’s been the case whenever DJI releases anything new it takes awhile before all the issues are resolved. And that’s why I am waiting for them to get them worked out.
I hardly ever use my 7.85” UB crystal sky monitor and actually I am thinking about selling it soon. The Android based system is ridiculous and I just don’t understand why DJI and Apple haven’t gotten together and colloborated on a iOS version?? It just doesn’t make sense.
Anyway I gotta get going because I am going to see Bob Seger tonight!! :)

Enjoy the show. And yes I agree about Apple getting involved with the SC but may be due to patents, who knows.

Enjoy the show. And yes I agree about Apple getting involved with the SC but may be due to patents, who knows.
Well now I am waiting for the show to start so I’ll respond back to you.
A couple months ago I read Apple and DJI were collaborating on a merger but I haven’t heard anything more since then. Like I said before I sure wish they would!!

Well now I am waiting for the show to start so I’ll respond back to you.
A couple months ago I read Apple and DJI were collaborating on a merger but I haven’t heard anything more since then. Like I said before I sure wish they would!!

Do you remember when DJI formally had talks with GO-PRO to allow DJI to use the GO-PRO camera technology. Well GO-PRO didn't like that their camera wouldn't be called GO-PRO on the drone so nothing came about this save for a comment made by the DJI chairman about said CEO of GO-PRO.
This may also be part of that same issue but now I am guessing.

Last edited:

View attachment 61491
I totally agree. I think the DJI case is perfect. It even fits the new Smart Controller. Now, the only thing I need to fly that does not fit in the case is my landing pad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15