DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

British Columbia Man fined for hunting with drone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Countries like Canada and Australia are part of the Commonwealth where the Queen in technically the head of state. There is crown land or when you are prosecuted by the state they are referred to as the crown.
So technically and practically the Crown rules the state, voting is a circus and the people are still subjects of the Crown ??

because hunting with a drone completely defeats fair chase for wildlife."

So using a rifle on a Moose is fair ? I wonder what the Moose thinks? Definitely a non-hunter before you ask.
because hunting with a drone completely defeats fair chase for wildlife."

So using a rifle on a Moose is fair ? I wonder what the Moose thinks? Definitely a non-hunter before you ask.
The world is full of this false expressions, hunter or non-hunter !

Talked to my local game warden here in Oklahoma. Use of a drone for food plots fine. Scouting an area ahead of time prior to hunting fine. Sitting in a tree stand flying drone while actively hunting... illegal.

I use my drone to scout ahead and locate ducks on a pond so I know where to approach. Also great for scouting the river when fly fishing for trout. Can see the deep pools where trout would be and on a good day, even see schools from the air. Also greatto see where other fisherman are at so i can choose a more isolated location. Totally legal in Oklahoma

Anyone who says its unfair has never tried to hit a duck with a shotgun or fly fished trout. Drone just tells me where to look. I still gotta accurately hit the ducks and coax trout, who can be finicky, onto my fly lure. Still plenty of sport in prescouting with a drone.

Still trying to see how its unfair to a deer if you are in stand flying drone... deer still gottacome to you and you still gotta hit them with rifle/ bow.

All drone is doing is telling you they are there,?‍♂️

Reactions: A.O.
Talked to my local game warden here in Oklahoma. Use of a drone for food plots fine. Scouting an area ahead of time prior to hunting fine. Sitting in a tree stand flying drone while actively hunting... illegal.

I use my drone to scout ahead and locate ducks on a pond so I know where to approach. Also great for scouting the river when fly fishing for trout. Can see the deep pools where trout would be and on a good day, even see schools from the air. Also greatto see where other fisherman are at so i can choose a more isolated location. Totally legal in Oklahoma

Anyone who says its unfair has never tried to hit a duck with a shotgun or fly fished trout. Drone just tells me where to look. I still gotta accurately hit the ducks and coax trout, who can be finicky, onto my fly lure. Still plenty of sport in prescouting with a drone.

Still trying to see how its unfair to a deer if you are in stand flying drone... deer still gottacome to you and you still gotta hit them with rifle/ bow.

Thou shalst not question the wisdom of the god's

• Haha
Reactions: hammerdown

Ahhh... Oklahoma, part of the FREE world, Love it. Lived there for about 10 years , Great State!

Reactions: hammerdown
BUT, you would not be hunting so I'm not sure if the law would apply to you. Big difference hunting and photographing. But yes, check the laws, hey vary a lot depending where you are.
In New Brunswick, IIRC, the law says you are not allowed to harass wildlife with aircraft. The lawyers just add UAV as an aircraft and there you go, no drones allowed on the hunt.

Blast away?? What does that have to do with hunting??
expanding gas creates a percussion. A 'blast' if you will. This is the force that propels the bullet down range. Thought that was pretty self explanatory.

expanding gas creates a percussion. A 'blast' if you will. This is the force that propels the bullet down range. Thought that was pretty self explanatory.
It was not!
Hunters DO NOT blast away, they may shoot something, but they DO NOT blast away.. sounds like a term from an ill-informed non hunter.

In New Brunswick, IIRC, the law says you are not allowed to harass wildlife with aircraft. The lawyers just add UAV as an aircraft and there you go, no drones allowed on the hunt.
And again, there is a difference between flying over something and harassing it or they would have to issue citations to pilots all the time. Not sure a plane can fly anywhere with out flying over wildlife.

It was not!
Hunters DO NOT blast away, they may shoot something, but they DO NOT blast away.. sounds like a term from an ill-informed non hunter.
I think you are being deliberately obtuse; willfully ignorant or you have no sense of humor. Ya know that thing where an opinion can't be wrong because it is an opinion... I think you are pushing that envelope. Much like a bullet from a barrel pushes an envelope of air in front of it - creating a blast.

Here's a couple swamp donkeys on my home quarter, just northwest of my house. Dogs started barking about 20 minutes ago, wife says "there's 2 moose out there...". What's the first thing I do? Start getting the Mini 2 unpacked!

DJI_0019.JPG

Reactions: MA2 317
Here's a couple swamp donkeys on my home quarter, just northwest of my house. Dogs started barking about 20 minutes ago, wife says "there's 2 moose out there...". What's the first thing I do? Start getting the Mini 2 unpacked!

View attachment 118626
So "swamp donkeys" are moose?? Not heard that term before.

I think you are being deliberately obtuse; willfully ignorant or you have no sense of humor. Ya know that thing where an opinion can't be wrong because it is an opinion... I think you are pushing that envelope. Much like a bullet from a barrel pushes an envelope of air in front of it - creating a blast.
Sorry, just tired of anti-hunters spewing forth about things they have no clue about. And that "blast" from the bullet is actually more like a small sonic boom then a blast. Which is why subsonic ammo does not make that noise.;)

This is also a big problem with poachers in Africa. Using drones to find their targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky