DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

British Columbia Man fined for hunting with drone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moose video uploaded. Didn't want to get too close to them, harassing wildlife and all that. These two bulls look very healthy, but moose sometimes get infested with ticks and try to scrape them off against trees which also removes their hair. They then try to take refuge out of the cold wind in or around the outbuildings on the farm and will attack without any notice. I've had to call Fins and Feathers on more than a few occasions to have them euthanized. Ticks are nasty critters, and carriers of Lyme Disease.

Kind of eliminates the word hunt from the activity. Years ago I fished the smith River for Salmon. There was a big fuss between the anglers and the native tribe. The anglers followed the rules but the tribe in that region used a net spread across the river to trap hundreds of fish spawning. Rules are generally not applied evenly.
I'm sure there are diff rules. You're out there for fun and to have a salmon or 2(not sure of legal catch). When you've eaten it you go to the grocery.

Worst I have seen was from my grandmother who was a processor of fines for Texas game and fish... the perpetrators flew a Cessna into migrating waterfowl and shot them from the air....

I think you are being deliberately obtuse; willfully ignorant or you have no sense of humor. Ya know that thing where an opinion can't be wrong because it is an opinion... I think you are pushing that envelope. Much like a bullet from a barrel pushes an envelope of air in front of it - creating a blast.
Tsk,tsk, normal interpretation of blast away is just lob off shots in a general direction and hope you hit something. You're either trolling or woefully out out of the loop.

Sounds like a non hunter..
Animals can also be driven towards slaughter with rc aircraft.Gives the animal a real chance to survive...right? Hunter or opportunistic killing?
I've been approached lots of times when gathering video of wildlife with "requests".NOT A CHANCE.
My opinion.

While I can understand this to a point, what about using a fishfinder on your boat to find a fish? Does the use of a fishfinder defeat fair chase for wildlife?
Most inland fishing is for non-native sport fish these days so it’s different than hunting for larger native game- also a lot more fish out there so take isn’t as much of an issue…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus