DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken fan connector in controller

mcsterls

Reactions
I opened my Mavic controller. There is a very small connector that runs from the top of the circuit board to the cooling fan underneath for power. while trying to pull the connector off I slipped and grabbed the wires - pulling them out of the connector and breaking the wire right at the connector.

I either need a new fan to install that has the connector or I figure if I could buy the connector with a lead on it I could solder it to the fans leads, but it's very small and I haven't found a match. Anyone know where I can get the connector or buy a replacement fan. The fan is labelled SUNON UB5U3-723 16630-A. This model doesn't come upon a google search.

Here's a photo of the circled connector and the fan itself.

circled.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks for any help!
Mike

I opened my Mavic controller. There is a very small connector that runs from the top of the circuit board to the cooling fan underneath for power. while trying to pull the connector off I slipped and grabbed the wires - pulling them out of the connector and breaking the wire right at the connector.

I either need a new fan to install that has the connector or I figure if I could buy the connector with a lead on it I could solder it to the fans leads, but it's very small and I haven't found a match. Anyone know where I can get the connector or buy a replacement fan. The fan is labelled SUNON UB5U3-723 16630-A. This model doesn't come upon a google search.

Here's a photo of the circled connector and the fan itself.

View attachment 16553
View attachment 16554

Thanks for any help!
Mike
The amazing @Thunderdrones should be able to assist you. He should be along shortly.

Reactions: Cyberpower678

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje