DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken lower body

mstocker1

Reactions
Is there any video on how to replace lower body. I bought one but saw a video and looked like soldering was necessary. I have a mav pro platinum. Are there any good tutorials..

thank you...

Google is your friend. Here’s one example:

Reactions: bobec231
Google is your friend. Here’s one example:

appreciate the information. I replaced gimbal band 2x and was not that bad. This looks a little overwhelming. I a willing to try though. The guy in the video had a replacement shell with sensors and other things already installed. Is there a place on this forum to purchase from members?

What part of the lower shell is broken ?

The part where the right front arm attatches and pivots.

Any photos ? Most probably the middle shell/frame
Unfortunately any repair that requires disconnecting the arms will involve de-soldering/ re-soldering the motor wires to the esc board which is messy and risky for the inexperienced

1599608776087.png

Last edited:
Maybe I should just send it in, I’m good at others top of this seems a little bit too risky and I don’t think it’ll be crazy expensive for them or another place

Reactions: RMS001
Reactions: RMS001
Yes send it in, you could try DJIdroneservice as they are pretty close to you in NJ and offer free shipping.

There are two places in New Jersey, one in Hillside and one in Hoboken, is anyone better than the other. I’ll get the shipping label ready today, I had to shipping label ready for DGI but I can change if you think that’s quicker and they do a good job

There are two places in New Jersey, one in Hillside and one in Hoboken, is anyone better than the other. I’ll get the shipping label ready today, I had to shipping label ready for DGI but I can change if you think that’s quicker and they do a good job

Not sure which location is better, reach out to them, they are members on this forum

I have some soldering experience but I wouldn’t attempt this job in a million years!! Any time you need to de-solder a PCB you risk serious damage and if you’re inexperienced you’ll more than likely destroy the drone. Take it to DJI. They’ll quote you on the repair and much like Apple, you’ll get a new or refurbished unit as a replacement. You could try a reputable 3rd party drone repairer and tell them you already have the part but avoid trying it yourself AT ALL COSTS!!

You can do it yourself. Make sure you have a good clean soldering iron, a solder sucker, and well lit work surface.
If you are not confident find any old electronic device and break it apart to reveal the circuit board. Practice de-soldering and soldering on that board.
Note: the solder connections on your drone will be well rounded (not pointed). It is important that when you complete the solder connection it looks rounded like when you started. This is very important as rounded solder does not have any effect on radio signals where pointed solder joints will have a negative impact on signal performance. That is an EMI/RFI issue. electro magnetic interference radio frequency interference
Plus the satisfaction of knowing you accomplished the repair and saved yourself a few hundred dollar.
Rear arm 3 wires
Front arm 5 wires

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet