DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BT-300 and External Display while Flying?

Stitch-Up

Reactions
I'm sure this has been discussed before but wondering if there's any update?

When out flying with a iPad mini or Android device it's possible to engage with onlookers and let them see what the drone is seeing. This is far more interesting for them and friends/family/children you maybe with.

Wearing the BT-300 glasses is rather isolating and quite boring for onlookers!

I'm sure you've anticipated the question I'm going to ask :) Is it possible to simultaneously display in the BT-300 glasses and an external display?

When out flying with a iPad mini or Android device it's possible to engage with onlookers and let them see what the drone is seeing. This is far more interesting for them and friends/family/children you maybe with.

I'm sure you've anticipated the question I'm going to ask :) Is it possible to simultaneously display in the BT-300 glasses and an external display?
2nd controller?

2nd controller?
Whatever controller you are using....
if you’re hooking up a BT 300 you have to be coming from your controller so instead of directly to BT you split it first.... one cable to BT and second cable to external video source whatever it may be ... as long as it has HDMI input... if it’s a iPad you can get a lightning x HDMI cable etc .

Whatever controller you are using....
if you’re hooking up a BT 300 you have to be coming from your controller so instead of directly to BT you split it first.... one cable to BT and second cable to external video source whatever it may be ... as long as it has HDMI input... if it’s a iPad you can get a lightning x HDMI cable etc .
But the controller nor the BT have HDMI capability. The controller only has USB out to connect to a device with the app.
The BT substitutes for the USB device and app.

yes captain Lou i am hearing you, i have been trying to mirror my bt 300 for some time now. to mirror to an ISO device seems impossible
Miracast works ok with android devices but has about 1 second latency Air screen worked but disconnected all the time
Airdroid and Airmirror well good luck with those even after contacting Epson support they accepted it does not work to an ISO device even though thier own video says it will

[B] I'm tying[/B] lannes suggestion tomorrow with Apowermirror hopefully that will be successful

if Epson would just upgrade these glasses with Android 6 or higher we would not be in this situation

I take them off and offer passes by who engage me, and let them see. It's so much fun to see their reaction. They are all so stunned! Such fun to share.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
I’ve had the BT-300 for a year now, but have always wondered about external monitors so my family or friends can see what I’m seeing. Since the BT-300 has no HDMI out, I searched this forum for answers, and ordered the separate BT-35 control module (with HDMI). But then the amount of cords became unruly and somewhat hazardous while flying.

So then I acquired the Smart Controller, and now I’m able to wirelessly Cast the image from Smart Controller to BT-300. Split second video latency, but the viewer with the glasses on doesn’t know the difference. It’s a very clean, but costly, setup.

Thanks to @lannes and @tstrack for reminding me this can be done. So now I’m able to fly my M2P and MA2 while sharing the live images with the Moverio glasses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Does anyone know of a three way USB splitter perhaps plugging one end into controller and the other two into the NDA the iPad

The problem with a USB splitter or hub or universal docking station is that normally for the module the phone is the USB master. But when using the RC, the RC becomes the master. An HDMI adapter needs the phone to be the master and the RC doesn't support video out.

One might ask, why did DJI have the RC be the master for the USB link? To maximize compatibility. Most phones/tablets today support OTG, but not all of them did in the past. There has to be one and only one master in a USB "network".

The problem with a USB splitter or hub or universal docking station is that normally for the module the phone is the USB master. But when using the RC, the RC becomes the master. An HDMI adapter needs the phone to be the master and the RC doesn't support video out.

One might ask, why did DJI have the RC be the master for the USB link? To maximize compatibility. Most phones/tablets today support OTG, but not all of them did in the past. There has to be one and only one master in a USB "network".

Also it's only telemetry data and video feed data coming from the RC, the DJI flight apps converts this data into a usable form. Not sure how a usb splitter would work with both devices receiving the feed both running flight apps, which one would control the AC functions ?

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000