DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BT-300 with Mavic Air

Nicros

Reactions
New to this kind of flying (flew remote heli's for a while). Are there FAA regs around LOS that would give the BT-300's an edge over the resolution and immersion of the DJI Goggles? I'm planning on buying a mavic air, and want to see the world from above :) I can't decide between the DJI Goggles, the DJI Racing Editions, and the BT-300's. The idea of not losing sight of the drone is pretty nice, but still being able to see what it sees.. Would appreciate any thoughts!

I don't have the Moverios, nor seen a pair, or know anyone with them.
They get a good wrap here though, and yes the BT300 has that edge of seeing through the vision, but only if flying VLOS anyway.

Let's face it, when 99% of us are flying, we are not watching the drone, we are flying FPV on the device screen, either recording video, or composing photos.
If you use the goggles, it is best (and often required by local rules) to have a spotter near the pilot.
I'd say this is as much for watching for persons approaching, as it is for watching the drone and any possible nearby dangers in the sky etc.

The Moverio aren't cheap, but then again the RE goggles aren’t too far behind.
Doing some research is obviously prudent, maybe you can find someone close to you with either and possibly try them out ?

Edit typos

Last edited:
I don't have the Moverios, nor seen a pair, or know anyone with them.
They get a good wrap here though, and yes the BT300 has that edge of seeing through the vision, but only if flying VLOS anyway.

Let's face it, when 99% of us are flying, we are not watching the drone, we are flying FPV on the device screen, either recording video, or composing photos.
If you use the goggles, it is best (and often required by local rules) to have a spotter near the pilot.
I'd say this is as much for watching for persons approaching, as it is for watching the drone and any possible nearby dangers in the sky etc.

The Moverio aren't cheap, but then again the RE goggles aren’t too far behind.
Doing some research is obviously prudent, maybe you can find someone close to you with either and possibly try them out ?

Edit typos
I use the moverio 35e , great glasses giving in the drone perspective aswell as los ...

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I had DJI Goggles and didn't like them... Just too immersive for my taste. I have the Moverios and love them. If you're going to use them with the Smart Controller, get the 35e with the HDMI box... The BT 300 works with the Mavic 2 series RC1A controller only. It worked fine with Mavic Air and Spark from personal experience.

Last edited:
Ok, so this would be good for the OP, and others that come along to read up . . .

I noticed a few different Moverio Smart Glasses models mentioned in posts.
What models are out there, and what's a brief summary of each and their little differences for DJI drones ?

Anyone that has researched them have a brief idea ?
Best features, best value, etc.

Ok, so this would be good for the OP, and others that come along to read up . . .

I noticed a few different Moverio Smart Glasses models mentioned in posts.
What models are out there, and what's a brief summary of each and their little differences for DJI drones ?

Anyone that has researched them have a brief idea ?
Best features, best value, etc.
To summarize...

BT 300 work in place of your smartphone and connect to a typical DJI RC like what comes with Spark or Mavic Air.

BT 35E has an interface box that will contact to USB C or HDMI out to display the device image... Such as the DJI Smart Controller.

BT 30C.... Don't work with DJI anything :( .

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
To summarize...

BT 300 work in place of your smartphone and connect to a typical DJI RC like what comes with Spark or Mavic Air.

BT 35E has an interface box that will contact to USB C or HDMI out to display the device image... Such as the DJI Smart Controller.

BT 30C.... Don't work with DJI anything :( .

Ah, very much like the DJI goggles range, the 3 types they make all have various ways they work or don't work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas