DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bugs!

markyodo

Reactions
Was filming a reservoir last night and the Barn Swallows were swarming near my flight path. It was pretty cool to watch. After about 15 min I brought the Mavic home and it was covered with the left overs of what I think were small black gnats. This must be why there were so many birds in the area.
Pretty disgusting. They were on the props, battery, landing legs, camera. I cleaned the camera replaced the battery and sent the Mavic back up for more filming.
LOL the Mavic needs a bath and a compressed air cleaning.

Water = bugs = birds. Bugs feed fish and birds .
Why I carry a pack of baby wipes in my kit to wipe
It down with after I fly. We have lots of water in MS .

Reactions: Simmo and dewster
Was filming a reservoir last night and the Barn Swallows were swarming near my flight path. It was pretty cool to watch. After about 15 min I brought the Mavic home and it was covered with the left overs of what I think were small black gnats. This must be why there were so many birds in the area.
Pretty disgusting. They were on the props, battery, landing legs, camera. I cleaned the camera replaced the battery and sent the Mavic back up for more filming.
LOL the Mavic needs a bath and a compressed air cleaning.

May want to blow out your motors, just a thought!

I did something like that once when flying RC nitro helis. Saw a big swarm of gnats/no-seeums, whatever, and thought, "boy, wouldn't it be neat to hover just below them in front of their flight path." Well, yeah, it did look kinda neat when the swarm just suddenly disappeared into my main rotors.
Well, after the flight, landed, and was instantly regretting that little move. Bug guts were all over my machine. Took a couple of days to get it clean again.
Nevermore.....

Don't worry about it. The bugs won't have the guts to fly into your drone again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair