DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Build a drone car

Viciam

Reactions
Any engineers about?

Is it possible to build a drone with seating for 2 people?

How much would it cost? A project like this?

What are the challenges and can they be overcome?

If there are people in it flying it it isn't a drone.

LOL...true true
949af111f1a0222b30ac80a57abcf2a7.jpg

Nope....definition states ‘unmanned’
I think the definition is in need of some updating as I don't think they thought that an aircraft could/would ever be manned but controlled remotely when they came up with that.....unless they come up with a whole new definition for manned aircraft that are remotely controlled....

Does aircraft become a drone if the autopilot is on? its not controlled by the pilots
Autonomous aircraft without human control

I want to build one. Can it be done with say £20,000?

Must be stable like a regular drone when controls are not touched. Take off and land like a mavic pro. Gps conntection. Basically a normal drone but bigger to carry two people in a capsule. Can it be done?

Does aircraft become a drone if the autopilot is on? its not controlled by the pilots
Autonomous aircraft without human control

Just because you turn on the cruise control in your car doesn’t make it a driverless car.

An airplane with autopilot engaged still has a crew right there to intervene.

I think the definition is in need of some updating as I don't think they thought that an aircraft could/would ever be manned but controlled remotely when they came up with that.....unless they come up with a whole new definition for manned aircraft that are remotely controlled....
The key word is 'manned'. Normally manned means the aircraft has a crew, ie someone in control of the aircraft. Unmanned is the opposite - no one in control. Aircraft on autopilot with crew onboard is still manned. So if pilot turned on the autopilot and bailed out, then it becomes unmanned and it is a drone. Aircraft with just passengers and no one in control is a drone. A drone can be remotely piloted or autonomous.

I want to build one. Can it be done with say £20,000?

Must be stable like a regular drone when controls are not touched. Take off and land like a mavic pro. Gps conntection. Basically a normal drone but bigger to carry two people in a capsule. Can it be done?
To put it bluntly... no.

Add a 0 and we can probably start talking... Unless you consider those people to be disposable.
Note you didn't mention any of the key parameters you're looking for like flight time, purpose... so any answer will be worth just as much as the spec.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711