DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bumps on front top of my mavic

How does dji allow something like this to leave their factory?

Good question. Up until now they have come flawless in workmanship, only problems sometimes are detached bubbles, or broken back gimbal cover possibly due to transport mishandling.

But this is the first defect like this in all the Phantoms and Mavs I've come across, even though it is only cosmetic, and I have bought and traded both new and refurbed ones.

Naaaaa

Those bumps are probably because you don't have a quality case for it... You might need to upgrade it lol. Dang man idk what it could be. How many flight hours until it showed up? I hope I don't start getting mavic measels

Have 5 flights with it and appeared after the 3rd one yea kinda stinks but oh well it's covered but I'm scared to wait that long haha

I havnt seen where it affected anything so really not
worried about it.
And hey...I'm in Mississippi . I use a lot of duct tape :)

Reactions: Fplvert
Good question. Up until now they have come flawless in workmanship, only problems sometimes are detached bubbles, or broken back gimbal cover possibly due to transport mishandling.

But this is the first defect like this in all the Phantoms and Mavs I've come across, even though it is only cosmetic, and I have bought and traded both new and refurbed ones.
IMG_0102.GIF
You never heard about shell cracks before? Phantom 3 motor mounts.:mad: We had Wifi board problems, too. P2 Visions.

Most of us (me included) have been problem free.:)

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll be watching out for this eyebrow defect, and take some duct tape precautions if necessary.

Reactions: dirkclod
Mine's had eyebrows for a couple months now, and a tiny little hairline crack, like the one mentioned in the other thread. Got my current Mavic to replace another one I sent in with a defective gimbal, and I recall that other one also had eyebrows when I sent it in. I thought it was normal.

So far it hasn't caused any problems that I'm aware of. It just looks funny in the right light.

I thought I read this somewhere else. Not sure if it was you or not but same issue. There was discussion on what was under that. I believe someone had said the compass system. I may be wrong though. But I saw this posted before. Had pictures where someone removed the top to see what was there.
Mine has them, I looked at the back side when I took the top off to twist my compass wiring, didn't see anything abnormal, just bumps in the plastic is all, doesn't affect anything, at first I thought maybe something had gotten hot under there but there's nothing that could have caused it.

The deformation is taking place after shipping. If the part is compliant and it installs compliant there's no way to stop it.

Do you think it is happening between the time the Mavic is produced at the factory, and the time it arrives on your doorstep? Not sure what would cause it to deform while in transit.

I have bought, sold, traded and repaired nearly 100 Mavics, and I have seen this defect in only 1 Mavic. The one I saw it on came from DJI 3 weeks ago as a refurb replacement for a crashed Mav and had the defects on it already...
My Refurb had those two marks as well. I assumed it was simply a result of the top case being opened in a less than optimal manner during the repair/refurb process. @Thunder-drones aren't there two plastic clips beneath those marks in the top case. If whoever opened the case did not unclip them properly before raising the aft of the case would this cause the the bumps? Similarly closing the top in a less that perfect manner may deform the clips. I was just watching a video of opening the top. Seemingly two clips and two square locator dowels up front. If the rear is liftered with the dowels in place it may torque the top cause the dents perhaps?

My Refurb had those two marks as well. I assumed it was simply a result of the top case being opened in a less than optimal manner during the repair/refurb process. @Thunder-drones aren't there two plastic clips beneath those marks in the top case. If whoever opened the case did not unclip them properly before raising the aft of the case would this cause the the bumps? Similarly closing the top in a less that perfect manner may deform the clips. I was just watching a video of opening the top. Seemingly two clips and two square locator dowels up front. If the rear is liftered with the dowels in place it may torque the top cause the dents perhaps?

Ive taken the top covers off of dozens of Mavs and replaced them and it has not caused the defect. The clips are forward of where the defect marks are, so if the clips were causing any defect, the defect would appear on the front lip of the top cover, not as far aft as it has been.

Since you got yours back with a defective top cover, Im going to guess that more refurbs with top cover (and serial number) replaced will have these defects. Ive got a few in with DJI now, will see if they come back with defects.

Reactions: jointeffort
Do you think it is happening between the time the Mavic is produced at the factory, and the time it arrives on your doorstep? Not sure what would cause it to deform while in transit.

I think he means it's not something that happens at the factory. It happens after people receive them and start flying them. Not during transport.

Given the reports we've seen here, it seems to get noticed some time after the owner has operated it. So "something" is doing it. ... Out of tolerance part, assembled improperly, flight loads, mechanical twisting of the body due to motor loads, ... etc. who knows.

Reactions: M4RK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661