DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bumps on front top of my mavic

Reactions
I've only flown a handful of times and just got this awesome thing. All my flights have been flawless and now I notice these two bumps on the top..of course my luck has anyone else had this issue and since it's taking them forever to fix or replace mavics I wonder if it's a must fix although it's extremely annoying. Now
db02199aa50aab9db5ce2791d1fd468a.jpg
c40ac74756b8800fc920023b3b4249ac.jpg
c03c8773d0ad845a41c30a1aa14b7cb7.jpg

I thought I read this somewhere else. Not sure if it was you or not but same issue. There was discussion on what was under that. I believe someone had said the compass system. I may be wrong though. But I saw this posted before. Had pictures where someone removed the top to see what was there.

Many people have those bumps on their Mavic (me included). Some Mavics have cracked in those locations. If your Mavic shell cracks, contact DJI support and it should be covered under warranty.

Reactions: hammer73
There has been a thread on it here. Seams to be an issue. I assume it will become more so in the near future. I can only assume it is not a good thing. [emoji44]

I have those bumps since day one. I even thought they were normal because I saw a picture of another Mavic and noticed the same thing. I've flown 80 times (around 80 miles) and they look the same. I haven't had a single issue ()

I have 87 flights and know 50 of them have been with it
like that.

Reactions: cmoney1976
Those bumps are probably because you don't have a quality case for it... You might need to upgrade it lol. Dang man idk what it could be. How many flight hours until it showed up? I hope I don't start getting mavic measels

I seem to remember (from the other post) that those 2 bumps are right over small tabs/protrusions on the underside that mate with/snap into sockets on the main body to hold the top plate in place. It might be caused by the way the top plate was molded, or could be the result of vibrations to the tabs/protrusions. I also have those tel-tale marks on mine, but unless the top cracks, I'm ignoring them

I have bought, sold, traded and repaired nearly 100 Mavics, and I have seen this defect in only 1 Mavic. The one I saw it on came from DJI 3 weeks ago as a refurb replacement for a crashed Mav and had the defects on it already. I cant believe they sent it to me with the defects on it. Maybe they were hard-up for parts.

There are no electronics under the 2 marks, looks like its a MFG defect. The compass lies between the defect marks, and there is nothing nearby to heat the body up to cause that type of deformity.

IMHO, nothing to worry about. The top body is held on by 8 screws, none of which are near the defect marks. The front of the top cover is snapped in, and since there are no electronics near the 2 defect marks, Im not worried. I have flown the drone with the defect marks, and checked for heat under the defect marks, but no heat at all.

Compare defect marks with inside top cover.jpg

14 Mavic Top Bodies no marks on them.jpg

Last edited:
I have bought, sold, traded and repaired nearly 100 Mavics, and I have seen this defect in only 1 Mavic. The one I saw it on came from DJI 3 weeks ago as a refurb replacement for a crashed Mav and had the defects on it already. I cant believe they sent it to me with the defects on it.

There are no electronics under the 2 marks, looks like its a MFG defect. The compass lies between the defect marks, and there is nothing nearby to heat the body up to cause that type of deformity.

View attachment 9475

View attachment 9474

Where are you getting those Mavics from?

How does dji allow something like this to leave their factory?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S