DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bumps on front top of my mavic

...Since you got yours back with a defective top cover, Im going to guess that more refurbs with top cover (and serial number) replaced will have these defects. Ive got a few in with DJI now, will see if they come back with defects.
Actually, just received a care refresh unit. New, as in Feb 27 build. No bumps, but the front end has been chamferred, ever so slightly, in the area the bumps appear. Note that it is slightly asymmetric with the bevel line being a couple of mm further aft on the LHS. On close inspection I am not sure if it is a chamfer. It might actually be colour change due to the material there being slightly different. Hard to tell.

oy5WjEXKr67bhctfsuhQ8xpGH851pgpvytBsUqodwQwOJAWA8_w_H2ZSoH-dSyToDlnJ8IFlJHmBmCXvivBg9r7Hp0aiXxDUaEeMyJX9xhrn6uV8UEbHUgBXmJW_2MLBlhzrXJXMBpqoMOdFt8Xx9bTYPjyvdHz445vuIXVAW_eZknA7nhTubGGVYFfRUiE1E1CU1QShpEzptegX3wO7U6NeBWaRkQkO1xly2pDnLZ8Y3MjY3qVAOPKrrKYOO0VzFmnFssiMJPH1shkB7lqavNZCTxIuc0ca2xmAU-qor9WrNxle16Phg78m0wKFSbNttjlPNjuVO-jJ39JBmg0XSIoqsRIFdN3cJHX0rnFffV8XcJkRwKznPMgbL9TtvN4UcVlTyEeueg3o19oxlMZHZIXdXjdXKMSTz72dU-tV-6gY_PbBUPWT1ubf6yRqlicv9XQO5gUoo2x0kiBDGt7i0PWeNl-rr2g3Rz5x1vniWie-drQXpBLOMLU0i6VIVDBUPWxbjUscDl2Sff2ZrN-9hRFh55Kpy0sPYMeElg-xPKFO4O7p2PWINCs2EL9VjvL0T8JbNSt3omW0uuPIgvncoj2Y2DuRh8kbrkBs7GuqEkqID7Y=w750-h801-no

Last edited:
I have this.

It was like it out the box so the comments about how it's stored are somewhat amusing.

I'm keeping mine until it cracks, the machine is flawless.

Actually, just received a care refresh unit. New, as in Feb 27 build. No bumps, but the front end has been chamferred, ever so slightly, in the area the bumps appear. Note that it is slightly asymmetric with the bevel line being a couple of mm further aft on the LHS. On close inspection I am not sure if it is a chamfer. It might actually be colour change due to the material there being slightly different. Hard to tell.

oy5WjEXKr67bhctfsuhQ8xpGH851pgpvytBsUqodwQwOJAWA8_w_H2ZSoH-dSyToDlnJ8IFlJHmBmCXvivBg9r7Hp0aiXxDUaEeMyJX9xhrn6uV8UEbHUgBXmJW_2MLBlhzrXJXMBpqoMOdFt8Xx9bTYPjyvdHz445vuIXVAW_eZknA7nhTubGGVYFfRUiE1E1CU1QShpEzptegX3wO7U6NeBWaRkQkO1xly2pDnLZ8Y3MjY3qVAOPKrrKYOO0VzFmnFssiMJPH1shkB7lqavNZCTxIuc0ca2xmAU-qor9WrNxle16Phg78m0wKFSbNttjlPNjuVO-jJ39JBmg0XSIoqsRIFdN3cJHX0rnFffV8XcJkRwKznPMgbL9TtvN4UcVlTyEeueg3o19oxlMZHZIXdXjdXKMSTz72dU-tV-6gY_PbBUPWT1ubf6yRqlicv9XQO5gUoo2x0kiBDGt7i0PWeNl-rr2g3Rz5x1vniWie-drQXpBLOMLU0i6VIVDBUPWxbjUscDl2Sff2ZrN-9hRFh55Kpy0sPYMeElg-xPKFO4O7p2PWINCs2EL9VjvL0T8JbNSt3omW0uuPIgvncoj2Y2DuRh8kbrkBs7GuqEkqID7Y=w750-h801-no

If you were trying to post an image with that it didn't post. If so, could you try again?

It was like it out the box so the comments about how it's stored are somewhat amusing.

What should really be amusing is the fact that some see it out of the box, but some don't and develop them later.

You're right - it does look like it was ground down a bit - and none too evenly. Maybe a used unit that had other cosmetic damage that was repaired.

Oh well "Chamfer" did not last. Faulty compass on power up (No 1 compass disconnected), so returned it without ever spinning a prop.

Oh well "Chamfer" did not last. Faulty compass on power up (No 1 compass disconnected), so returned it without ever spinning a prop.
Sorry man.
Regards,
-d.

If you carry Mavic parts, I would be extremely interested in ordering a plastic part that fits on the back of the gimbal. Like many other Mavic owners, this part has broken, or was delivered broken when brand new. As such, the gimbal clamp does not hold the gimbal securely tight without this part.
Thank you

Welp, that tiny crack on the front of my Mavic has gotten a little bigger, and is joined by another crack around the other "eyebrow" to match.

Anybody know a good way to either seal this up, or replace the top cover with a new one, if I can get one of those?

The cracks have gotten slightly bigger, and that's starting to concern me. The Mavic is physically just fine in all other ways, and I don't want it to stop being fine (or return it to DJI with the possibility of getting one back that has something more serious wrong with it, not if I don't have to).

Do any repair veterans here have a recommendation on a way to either seal these cracks or maybe send it to someone who is not DJI to replace the top shell if that's necessary?

s-l1600.jpg

Sweet. Think this'd do it?

I didn't think it would be so simple, but it's sure worth a shot. Thanks!

Reactions: Former Member
That looks pretty good! I'd probably put them on all crooked haha I usually mess that kind of stuff up.

Same here...5 months old, no crashes. Stored in a laser cut foam case. Never out of my hands.

Mystery...

0e922e2f778acbcac20aa08315c424e3.jpg

strider_s_stripes_by_no1much-db8uxi6.jpg

Here's my Mavic with its new top and stripes. Replacing the top was just under an hour, courtesy of Thunder-Drones and his instructions, tools list and videos. (In total, it all ran me just about $45, and $35 was for the new top.)

It's been 11 days since putting on the new top, and still no sign of bumps. Dare I hope they'll be gone for good?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661