DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Business invoicing recommendations???

AirBoudreaux

Reactions
Im looking for some recommendations on invoicing and basic accounting software. Ive just landed my first relatively big client that is going to be about a 4 month job with about 11 shoots. Ive been looking around at some different invoicing software and Im just curious what some of you more established owners might be using. I have a personal PayPal account and Im sure it wouldnt be anything to just set up another account for the business and run it through through them. I know they have an invoicing system that is pretty customizable that allows for building templates. I like the protection that PayPal provides to both sides of a transaction. I know there are some other smaller programs out there as well that only charge a small % for cc charges.

Basically just looking for something that I can throw my logo on, set up a couple of different templates, and not pay an arm and a leg for. I dont see more than 5 transactions a month for the time being.

Thanks for any help!!

I just created an invoice in Word and keep a spreadsheet for monthly costs/income and another for invoices sent and payment received dates.
Yea, I’ve got a spreadsheet built to track everything, I’m mainly focused on the invoice side of it. Making my own had definitely crossed my mind.

Last edited:
I use a Canadian system, Wave Accounting.
It's very sharp / professional, and free to use, unless you take credit card type payments (in the USA and Canada only) via their system.

Pretty sure you can link some outside type payment systems to Wave too.

I used to use it for card payments from overseas, as the rates were far less than my (and other banks) here in Australia charged.

I still use it here for free for Australian invoicing, use our bank bsb / ac number for EFT payments from Aussie clients straight to our account.

Wave stopped overseas users from taking payments via card some years ago, and now I believe from overseas users outside Canada and the USA from even signing up.

For overseas payments, I now use Stripe (US based) and the fees for that is again very low.
Stripe invoicing is not as easy as Wave in my view, but I can get by for the small % of those overseas invoices.

Quickbooks is a great, cost effective way to not only produce invoices but to manage other back office functions of your business. Check out the professional services edition.

I do the same with WORD ...it was simple to impose a logo and heading ....I print up a copy, scan and email to customer, then I use a 3 hole puncher on it and keep it in a binder...when the check comes in I make a copy of it, staple it to the invoice and move it to a separate binder ...it keeps paid and unpaid separate and it is easy to go through them when I have to file sales tax.

I have mine in an Excel file and it worked splendidly and has for 10 YEARS now. For clients who want "online payment options" I use my PayPal account.

For repeat clients, I use a Photo Delivery Service (HD Photohub). I create the site, upload the images, and then send a Completion Email & Text. The client logs in, pays the invoice and can THEN download the images. It's a game changer for repeat clients and clients alike. No PAY no Download.

For my Corp clients, we do it old school and they pay net 15 and just mail the check. Not every client can/will pay immediately especially in a Corp setting.

Spreadsheets work well until you start needing inventory control, high volume sales or financial reporting, etc. At that point, Quickbooks becomes a good option.

Im looking for some recommendations on invoicing and basic accounting software. Ive just landed my first relatively big client that is going to be about a 4 month job with about 11 shoots. Ive been looking around at some different invoicing software and Im just curious what some of you more established owners might be using. I have a personal PayPal account and Im sure it wouldnt be anything to just set up another account for the business and run it through through them. I know they have an invoicing system that is pretty customizable that allows for building templates. I like the protection that PayPal provides to both sides of a transaction. I know there are some other smaller programs out there as well that only charge a small % for cc charges.

Basically just looking for something that I can throw my logo on, set up a couple of different templates, and not pay an arm and a leg for. I dont see more than 5 transactions a month for the time being.

Thanks for any help!!
I would recommend using something like Zoho Books. Easy to use, easy to invoice, easy to customize and inexpensive. It will tie into your bank acount.

Most businesses if working directly with them will choose to pay you by check. I do net 30 on my invoicing. If I am doing a large project with multiple milestones I will set up and payment schedule with deliverables tied to it.

I have found Stripe to be a reliable processor. Many businesses don't trust being invoiced with PayPal.

I would recommend using something like Zoho Books. Easy to use, easy to invoice, easy to customize and inexpensive. It will tie into your bank acount.

Most businesses if working directly with them will choose to pay you by check. I do net 30 on my invoicing. If I am doing a large project with multiple milestones I will set up and payment schedule with deliverables tied to it.

I have found Stripe to be a reliable processor. Many businesses don't trust being invoiced with PayPal.

It's ironic that my business experience is pretty much just the opposite of yours. 99% of my clients want electronic payment options. At the moment, I only have 2 accounts that want to pay by check which I'm very glad to say.

In my other business I just used PayPal and Excel spread sheets with 1 sheet (tab) for income that had columns for customer info, date invoice sent, payment received. and one sheet (tab) for expenses with columns for dates, paid to, amount, drones, maintenance, insurance, and mileage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga