DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Button wars w/ MA2 controller and iPhone 7 Plus

OnlyMavic

Reactions
How are people solving this? It's impossible to center and mount an iPhone 7 Plus in the mobile device holder of the Mavic Air 2 remote controller without the side volume buttons or power button getting depressed by the squeeze put on them. Those buttons, whether you have the phone oriented with the home button to the left or the right, come in direct contact with the rubberized cushions on the top of the controller body. When I mount my phone, either my ringer or system audio volume gets adjusted, or my power button gets pressed and the phone gets shut down. What am I supposed to do here, short of trading this phone in for a different model with button positions that clear the contact points?

Last edited:
You don't need to center the phone in the holder. Slide it to one side or the other until the buttons are not pressed.

You could just use a different phone holder, not suggesting this one but you get the idea

1593500739667.png

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Yeah, my OCD hates that, but I guess that's what I'll have to do. Thanks.
Works for the iPad Mini, too, to use the stock cable in most tablet holders. Just slide the Mini slightly to the left in the tablet holder, and thread the cable through the middle of the mount. It will fit! Your OCD will hate it, too, but it works great.