DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy directly from Dji or from reseller?

B&H or Adorama is my top picks. Authorized sellars, free shipping and tax free (in USA and outside NY).
Also, suggest you consider State Farm Insurance if in US. A fraction of DJI Refresh price, NO deductible, Full replacement cost and best of all if if you are unable to recover the UAV you still get your check.

Last edited:
B&H or Adorama is my top picks. Authorized sellars, free shipping and tax free outside NY.
Also, suggest you consider State Farm Insurance if in US. A fraction of DJI Refresh price, NO deductible, Full replacement cost and best of all if if you are unable to recover the UAV you still get your check.
Yes, already talked to my agent. I had my home robbed in January, stole all my drones.

B&H or Adorama is my top picks. Authorized sellars, free shipping and tax free outside NY.

B&H is not tax free if purchasing from Canada, just FYI. I suspect that only applies within the USA. Free shipping does apply but only over $99.

Yes, you are correct. I often forget that this is an international forum. (Post edited) If I can read it the brain thinks it’s America. :rolleyes:

This forum reached North America! You have internet there too... who knew :)
To be fair everyone when sitting at home on the computer assumes that the forum (almost any forum) is based locally to them.
Easy thought process to get into unless you are normally working internationally.

I have yet to buy a new drone as the refurb units are basically new at a 30% discount. So far a P3s P4s P4P Mavic Pro Spark Mavic Air and now the MP2zoom. Never one issue with any of them. At least this is an option

Reactions: mfc
Anyone have any experience with B&H returns ?
I have had excellent experiences with BH.I bought an M2P and the lens was decentered.I had the drone about 2 weeks and was still learning how to fly.They allowed me to keep the decentered one and shipped another that day.I also had plenty of time to return the defective drone.I was able to confirm my decentered suspicion and keep practicing.I imagine they just return the defective unit to the mfr/distributor.They also have a dedicated drone dept with knowledgeable people unlike Amazon.(and no sales tax except NY+NJ)

Reactions: TRuav
I read in this article: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Buy a Drone in 2018 | MyFirstDrone

that buying directly from dji means you may get an updated version, say of the mavic 2 pro. And the reseller may have drones which don´t have these small changes/updates. I´ll quote it:

"If you’re buying a DJI drone, you might want to get it directly from DJI. Here’s why.
If you buy a DJI drone from Best Buy, Amazon or any other retailer, you aren’t guaranteed to get the newest version of that drone. DJI makes small changes to their drones every few weeks. Sometimes it’s hardware and other times it’s software. These changes usually improve safety and reliability, and if it’s a hardware change, the first place that gets the new hardware is the DJI Store. You can also get DJI Care at the checkout (DJI’s accidental damage protection program) which helps if you happen to crash your drone on the fist day (that learning period). DJI also has free shipping."

Is this true? If so what may these changes be and do they really do it "every few weeks"?
It's all eyewash. Buy wherever. I bought my drone second-hand privately, mint condition only a month old with about 5 hrs on it. Came with everything including flash beacon. 2/3 new price! No warranty, but 90-day or 1-year warranties are useless on anything.

Don't by directly from DJI. If the bird is broken out of the box you get a refurb replacement. Can't do anything with it through DJI, once activated it's used no matter what the issue. Delivery takes longer. I've also found deals on Amazon that DJI can't touch. Never ever buy directly from DJI.
Never.

If you buy from a store in the UK. Your are covered by a 5 year warranty under consumer law(which I have tested on other products). I doubt you be covered for that long if you order direct.

I just want to use this thread to ask something regarding just the Fly More Kit - based on your experience is it a good idea to trust ebay (or other online) stores for buying it?
I mean, today you can have counterfeits of everything, but on the other hand you can get a really sweet price on the ebay topping it by the current 10% discount promotion.

I just want to use this thread to ask something regarding just the Fly More Kit - based on your experience is it a good idea to trust ebay (or other online) stores for buying it?
DJI and authorized DJI dealers sell on eBay, so it's certainly an okay place to buy from (depending on the seller). Got a link to the deal you're looking at?

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I am looking at these two offers currently:

Those sellers don't appear to be DJI dealers. They both have great eBay ratings though, so I'd feel safe buying from them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga