DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy it or steer clear?

I've had the MM for a while now and even though it's not even close to being a similar drone, my thought process says the gimbal movement SHOULD be close to the same where the drone movement is the main source for the left/right movement. This MP acts like it is trying to stay focused on a given point when turning and then slowly follows the drone to the straigh ahead point almost 2 seconds later.

It is weird, not what it should be doing, software updates didn't fix anything and there is more wrong with it than just wont go up or down.

I'll re-post when I hear back from DJI Repair center as to what they say is wrong with it.
I am following your post and hope it all works out in your favor.

It seems there is some misunderstanding of the camera action when yawing. This function is user selectable. I have the function of ENABLE SYNCHRONIZED GIMBLE PAN FOLLOW switched on for my MPP.

Attached is an excellent aftermarket manual written by an enthusiast in 2017. Everything you ever wondered about related to the Mavic Pro is in this comprehensive manual.

See page 126, Ch. 5.11.4 for the above mentioned setting.

Good luck and enjoy the read.

Attachments

• DJI Mavic Pro- The Missing Manual.pdf
    8.5 MB · Views: 7
  • Love
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I am following your post and hope it all works out in your favor.

It seems there is some misunderstanding of the camera action when yawing. This function is user selectable. I have the function of ENABLE SYNCHRONIZED GIMBLE PAN FOLLOW switched on for my MPP.

Attached is an excellent aftermarket manual written by an enthusiast in 2017. Everything you ever wondered about related to the Mavic Pro is in this comprehensive manual.

See page 126, Ch. 5.11.4 for the above mentioned setting.

Good luck and enjoy the read.

Good find with the manual, written all the way back in 2017 !

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
OK, I'm done with the DJI repair center.
Just as I was afraid, they just wanted to keep throwing parts at the darn thing.
First it was the gimbal/ camera (paid for $438), Sent it off to DJI for proper repair and then got it back. Now it is the GKAS and they say its also the core board (says the bill is $683 for them).

When he called about the repairs, they said they took the Gimbal/camera off because it didn't fix the issue. When I asked about those parts already being paid for, he started yelling and saying I didn't understand. That's weird, the charges are aon my card but you took the new parts off and put the old back on without any kind of refund?

Told them to just send the drone back.
I could have thrown parts at it here and saved the labo cost.
I'll just lick my wounds on this one but I would NOT recommend sending your drone into the repair center.

The thing that I find the weirdest about the entire thing is the whole run around I got from the DJI repair center.
It's the Gimbal and camera that's bad.
That didn't fix it and now we can't figure it out. Going to send it to DJI driectly.
They get it back from DJI, and it's not fixed.
The repair center then says its GKAS board. I say ok, repair it.
I then get a call saying it's the core board. I say what?
I then get told the core board didn't fix it completely, it now needs a camera & Gimbal.
Of course I point out that I already paid for the camera and gimbal.

The tech's response? You don't understand. When a part doesn't fix it, we take it off and try replacing another part to see if it fixes it.......
Then, why didn't I get refunded when you took the new camera off the drone?

Now, I would think I sent it to a expert repair service and they would have the "special tools" to properly diagnose and repair the drone. Much like when you take a car to a mechanic and they bring out the scan tool. I wouldn't change out a starter first thing without proper testing of the entire system first and then expect the customer to pay for the parts that didn't fix the problem.

And yup, I got taken by a scammer, hard. I hope he gets frost bite of the huevos.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
OK, Time to put this topic to rest and give the final details.

DJI repair center contacted me and tried to talk me into paying for the $640 core board replacement. They asked me several times and they got the same response every single time..... No, ship the drone back along with all the new parts I bought and the case.

They finally (and reluctantly) said they would ship it back. We will see what I actually all get. With the experience so far, I wouldn't be surprised if I just get a drone that is left in pieces in a box and they call that good. We shall see.

But, on a good note.... I did pick up a fully functioning MP with the fly more package for $450. I was able to test this one out, fly it, camera works great etc....... He upgraded to a MP2 for Christmas and just didn't need this one anymore. Haven't looked at the flight numbers yet. Worse case scenerio, I have low hour parts from the Platinum. ;)

So, now I have a great Mavic Pro, a parts drone/remote, should have a new gimbal/camera assembly (holding my breath), 5 good batteries, etc all for the cost of a new Pro from Amazon. Not too shabby but I think I'll avoid the repair center if ever needed again. This was a lot more painful than what it needed to be.

Now, time to just get flying. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent