DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a used mavic drone.

droneloverair

Reactions
Hi all,

Iv been thinking of buying a used mavic pro 1 the black color not the platinum.

i wonder, do i have to connect the drone from the original owners phone app and log him out of his account or am i able to connect the drone from my iphone using my existing account and just add the drone to my go 4 app?

How about activation of the drone? Mavic air required me to activate the drone before i could use it.

thanks.

i wonder, do i have to connect the drone from the original owners phone app and log him out of his account or am i able to connect the drone from my iphone using my existing account and just add the drone to my go 4 app?
Install the app on your phone or tablet, sign in to a DJI account (the app will prompt you to) and you are good to go.
How about activation of the drone? Mavic air required me to activate the drone before i could use it.
DJI drones can only be activated once.

Hi all,

Iv been thinking of buying a used mavic pro 1 the black color not the platinum.

thanks.

Never seen a black Mavic Pro before they normally come as a dark grey or white color scheme.
I'd be wary of anything painted.

Reactions: droneloverair
Install the app on your phone or tablet, sign in to a DJI account (the app will prompt you to) and you are good to go.

DJI drones can only be activated once.

It seems im good to go already it seems.
I already have go 4 app installed and logged in as i do fly mavic air mk1.

about activation.
I bought a mavic air 1 last year and it did required me to acivate it even though the owner flew it a couple of times he said.

but how did he fly it without activation if i did the activation aswell if it could only be activated once?

about activation.
I bought a mavic air 1 last year and it did required me to acivate it even though the owner flew it a couple of times he said.
but how did he fly it without activation if i did the activation aswell if it could only be activated once?
I've heard of brand new drones that did not require activation - possibly pre-activated by DJI for testing ??
But I can't explain a drone that was already flown and still required activation.
I've not heard of such a thing.

But if a drone needs activation, it will tell you.

Reactions: droneloverair
I've heard of brand new drones that did not require activation - possibly pre-activated by DJI for testing ??
But I can't explain a drone that was already flown and still required activation.
I've not heard of such a thing.

But if a drone needs activation, it will tell you.

thanks. Ill comeback on friday how it it went.

I'm also in the market for a used M1Pro. I intend to fly using a tablet without internet connection, not a smartphone. I understand from reading the DJI manual and from other discussion threads that I can do that. However, posts in this thread have me wondering if lack of internet connection has any negative implications for setting up a previously owned drone.

i have 2 of the M1P's Love them! I also use aftermarket software from NLD to eliminate the NFZ's (my house is 25 yards inside a NFZ) and altitude restrictions. the furthest i have had it out was just over two miles

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair