DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying and returning a Mavic Mini in the same day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavicoz

Reactions
I've been flying Dji drones for several years and I have never had an issue with being able to fly in my neighborhood, none... I usually either fly from my backyard or I fly in a large open field at a church that's maybe 1/4 mile from my house. Once again, I have never had any issues. So I picked up a MM today. Did all the firmware updates, charged the batteries and I decided to give it a whirl from my backyard. Nope, no can do. I get this lovely message on my Dji app telling me I can't fly because I'm in a red geo fence area due to a hospital that's like four miles from my house. I even tried to fly at the church field in hopes something would change. Nope, nothing.... The app won't let me fly. So I'm thinking what the ( Mod Removed Language )? I've never had any issues with flying in my home's area and now I get this. So basically the only way I can try out my new MM is if I go driving who knows how far away from the hospital before Dji says its okay. Good God, this might be the fastest buying and returning experience I will ever see.

Nice going Dji............

Last edited by a moderator:
:( Dji should fix this situation in december by allowing the unlocking of NFZ, blue at least, red i hope!

I've been flying Dji drones for several years and I have never had an issue with being able to fly in my neighborhood, none... I usually either fly from my backyard or I fly in a large open field at a church that's maybe 1/4 mile from my house. Once again, I have never had any issues. So I picked up a MM today. Did all the firmware updates, charged the batteries and I decided to give it a whirl from my backyard. Nope, no can do. I get this lovely message on my Dji app telling me I can't fly because I'm in a red geo fence area due to a hospital that's like four miles from my house. I even tried to fly at the church field in hopes something would change. Nope, nothing.... The app won't let me fly. So I'm thinking what the ( Mod Removed Language )? I've never had any issues with flying in my home's area and now I get this. So basically the only way I can try out my new MM is if I go driving who knows how far away from the hospital before Dji says its okay. Good God, this might be the fastest buying and returning experience I will ever see.

Nice going Dji............
The DJI zones are fairly universal across all of their models. Have you been intentionally behind on your updates for your other DJI models?

The DJI zones are fairly universal across all of their models. Have you been intentionally behind on your updates for your other DJI models?
Maybe he has not updated the other drones. I had a Mavic Pro for 2 years and never updated, and can fly it where ever I want.

Reactions: milovan

Apparently not because this is the first time I’ve been hit with this. I bought a Mavic Pro Platinum a couple months ago and I was able to fly it almost anywhere. Of course I would never fly anywhere near a hospital because I realize there’s helicopters coming in and out throughout the day. I get it. But when my house is at least four or five miles away from a hospital and Dji tells me I can’t fly my $1K hobby, I get upset. What gets me even more upset is the fact that I can’t even fly my MM inside my home where I could never do any harm to any hospital.

Nonetheless I’m returning the mini. I have zero patience for this kind of nonsense from Dji. Looks like I’ll find a new hobby to enjoy.

Well I hope you find one that suits you and doesn’t cause
you the frustration you are having.
Now being you are venting about DJI and from our guidelines
This community is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers,
I see no need in these going any further.
Good luck.

CLOSED.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev