DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hospital

stikflote

Premium Pilot
Reactions
There,s no flying my new mini 3 im going into hospital for a while ,dont know how long i will be in

Didnt expect this had a Echocardiogram this morning ,the nurse said go and sit down i need to look at
results again .
He came out and said you must go to hospital to day they will admit you

I have never been in hospital be for im absolutely scared but it seems i dont have a choice

keith.
I

There,s no flying my new mini 3 im going into hospital for a while ,dont know how long i will be in

Didnt expect this had a Echocardiogram this morning ,the nurse said go and sit down i need to look at
results again .

I have never been in hospital be for im absolutely scared but it seems i dont have a choice

keith.
I
To be 81 and never been admitted into a hospital is to say that you have been truly blessed. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Just waiting on taxi because its a night mare trying to find a parking spot.
if im good do think they would let me fly from the the top storey
i might be able to sneak a mini in pocket of dressing gown

Just waiting on taxi because its a night mare trying to find a parking spot.
if im good do think they would let me fly from the the top storey
i might be able to sneak a mini in pocket of dressing gown
Concentrate on your health. You can fly later.

results again .

keith.
I
Hang in there! Sounds like you may have an occlusion in a cardiac vessel. Been there, done that. I was at work - in a hospital - had a weird feeling in my chest 3 times during my shift. Not painful, felt more like I'd done a shot of tequila and was feeling that warmth go down my throat. Checked my BP, really elevated. Long story short, was admitted that night, had an emergency echocardiogram and ended up in the cath lab the next morning. 2 Stents placed and home after 24 hours. May your visit and resolution be as quick!

Reactions: Cafguy

results again .

keith.
I
One of the worst things about the Hospital is that they make you feel compelled to have do everything that your asked of and they will ask a lot. Hot tip: Learn to Say NO !

Another Hot Tip: Get a Numbing Shot before you get the IV .. this will go a long way in keeping you comfortable but you may have to argue to get it as the Nurse has to be Certified to do it.

One thing is for Sure < they cannot make money on you when your sleeping , so they wil do everything they can to bill you every 3 hours. Just saying. Once I learned to say No ! , I got sleep and saved money.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
One of the worst things about the Hospital is that they make you feel compelled to have do everything that your asked of and they will ask a lot. Hot tip: Learn to Say NO !

One thing is for Sure < they cannot make money on you when your sleeping , so they wil do everything they can to bill you every 3 hours. Just saying. Once I learned to say No ! , I got sleep and saved money.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Mellow a little my friend.

That dude selling Mini 4P's on DisgraceBook is running a scam.

Hospitals aren't.

you will soon be flying again ,stay calm and ,im sure all of us on the forum ,will be thinking of you ,and all this will soon be behind you

Reactions: MAVE (Little bird)

Another Hot Tip: Get a Numbing Shot before you get the IV .. this will go a long way in keeping you comfortable but you may have to argue to get it as the Nurse has to be Certified to do it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I hope this was a joke, cause this healthcare professional of 40 years strongly disagrees with about everything you've said.
Be careful what you say "No!" to - it can postpone a correct diagnoses, impact care, and extend your stay. And billing has nothing to do with whether you are awake or asleep...lol.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Fortunately for the OP nobody will be making any money out of him, awake or asleep, thanks to the NHS.

I had a similar situation 24 years ago...had pains in chest, went for Stress test...the doctor stopped the test, looked at me and asked if I could get to Saint Frances that day ( Saint Frances is a well known heart center) ...I got to the hospital and admitted right away, triple bypass the next day..thankfully I am still doing fine.....just telling you my story so you know that what they do is successful and they do everything to make you as comfortable as possible....good luck with it, get better fast and just do what the doctors say...they have reasons based in medical findings for what they prescribe...their aim is to keep you alive and get you back to good health

Reactions: old man mavic
Good luck with any procedures you may have. Hope you are back up and flying your new Mini 3 in no time.

Chris

Reactions: old man mavic
stikflote, don’t worry, there’s nothing to be scared about. Except, if you have food allergies to filet mignon, imported lobster, and champagne. 🍾 🦞 🥩 Otherwise, you’re going to get the greatest care, have a speedy recovery, and be out there flying the friendly skies in no time.

Note: FYI, most hospitals are no fly zones (helipads) ⚠️

👍🇨🇦

Medicine and Science have progressed a lot today. These surgeries and treatments today are amazing and have been perfected saving millions of lives each year. They found a problem and getting the correct care will save and prolong your life. I had two stents in four years ago. Only in my 70s, but still do work most in their 40's won't do. When you get out, look into a book titled "Eat Fat Get Thin". Excellent book by a very well respected cardiologist. You can get it on CD on Amazon and listen to it while driving or at home, unless you like to read a lot.
Looking forward to your successful treatment and speedy recovery.

Been there done that, believe me no better place then the hospital when your ticker is not ticking as it should be.

Considering you could have had a worse episode and be 20 min away.

Remember that bright light you see is your mini 3 up in the air and you flying it soon.

Good luck! My experience at getting stents was nowhere as bad as I had imagined. Be sure to follow your cardiologists advice after your surgery. It will make all the difference about avoiding a return visit.

I hope this was a joke, cause this healthcare professional of 40 years strongly disagrees with about everything you've said.
Be careful what you say "No!" to - it can postpone a correct diagnoses, impact care, and extend your stay. And billing has nothing to do with whether you are awake or asleep...lol.
I'm a retired physician. Do you think the OP meant Electrocardiogram? I ask this because Echocardiograms can't diagnose blocked arteries. AN ECG/EKG/Electrocardiogram can give some idea of the blocked arteries location, if that's what this OP has. An echocardiogram is going to look at the heart valves and if there is any problems with the blood's flow through the chambers of the heart, NOT the blood flow to the heart muscle itself. He would need a CT angiogram for that.

If it was an echocardiogram and they thought he needed emergent hospitalization, the only COMMON things I can think of for this is if it showed an ascending thoracic aneurysm, or acute or severe chronic heart failure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne