DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying DJI Mini 2

Randy the locator

Reactions
Hello
Looking for a great place to buy the new mini 2 . I see the price is pretty much the same for everywhere I looked so that is not a factor. The support after sale is next in line, what is everybody's personnel experience with customer service after the sale

Thanks
Randy

Hello
Looking for a great place to buy the new mini 2 . I see the price is pretty much the same for everywhere I looked so that is not a factor. The support after sale is next in line, what is everybody's personnel experience with customer service after the sale

Thanks
Randy

My recommendation is to purchase two of them from a place where Returns is easy,
Amazon or Best Buy only. If box number 1 is not perfect out of the box , you always have box number 2.

This will save you so much time and frustration.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and land on Water.

Reactions: The General
Hello

Thanks
Randy
I bought mine from Amazon Prime, no shipping fees

Reactions: Mavic 57
What kind of after sale support are you hoping to get if needed?
Ya , I guess there is not a lot but worse case, damaged in shipping, weird things like original box already opened, just looking for the seller to be responsive to ANY needs (if there is any)

I would suggest Best Buy, and specifically get the extended warranty they offer.

Ya , I guess there is not a lot but worse case, damaged in shipping, weird things like original box already opened, just looking for the seller to be responsive to ANY needs (if there is any)
Buy here on Amazon or from a dealer (like Best Buy) where you can talk to them in person.

If you have a local DJI dealer such as a local hobby shop that will price match (and they are friendly and good at what they do), that is another option. We have some great ones here in SC, but honestly some have gone out of business partially due to all the Covid-19 issues that have hurt small businesses.

I purchased from Empire Drone, as there was a sales tax benefit. May or may not apply to you.

Amazon Prime is great if you just want to return it. For any problems down the line you are going to have to deal with DJI and there is nothing at all wrong with that. It's been slow getting them on the line but after that it's a simple process. Patience is required however. Any other problems probably could be addressed by this forum.
You're not going to walk out of the store with the drone if you buy from DJI but they have fast delivery and you can spend the waiting time reading the manual which is available for downloading on the DJI website.
DJI has always treated me fairly.

I purchased mine online from Walmart! They have a no hassle and no questions asked return policy, you can't beat it!

I just contacted Walmart and the add on protection covers a crash. $ 77 for four years added on to the cost of the drone is just a few dollars more than the average retail. Looking pretty good on this end.

I just contacted Walmart and the add on protection covers a crash. $ 77 for four years added on to the cost of the drone is just a few dollars more than the average retail. Looking pretty good on this end.
Hi there. No, I didn't get the Protection Plan. Actually, that's not a bad deal for crash protection! Good luck and happy flying!

Hi, Noob here. I bought Mini 2 from DJI directly. I ordered it after a few beers on Friday last week and its only just shipped from China (13th Jan)!!! Forum is great for info. Thanks to all contributors.... i hope to contribute too.

Reactions: Uncle Pete

Returned to Walmart , no problem got a refund and went home and purchased the new one. everything went so well and fast, i forgot my micro sd card was in it and had to go back and get it out.

Reactions: Uncle Pete
Returned to Walmart , no problem got a refund and went home and purchased the new one. everything went so well and fast, i forgot my micro sd card was in it and had to go back and get it out.
Excellent !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman