DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

buying from Amazon

motopokep

Reactions
Tried a search first but couldn't find an exact answer. The MP is selling on DJI for $999. Amazon has 2 vendors selling brand new for $860, one being Digital and More, and the other being DJI themselves.

Why would DJI themselves sell it for $140 cheaper? Who in their right mind would buy on DJI's site for a $1,000 if you can open an Amazon window and within seconds save $140?

Does it make any difference as far as warranty if I buy it through Digital And More on Amazon? I'm leaning toward buying from DJI Amazon though.

Does it make any difference as far as warranty if I buy it through Digital And More on Amazon?
In the DJI warranty, DJI claims they will only provide warranty service if the Mavic is purchased directly from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer. When shopping on Amazon, that means the seller must be an authorized DJI dealer (it doesn't matter if seller or Amazon ships/fulfills the order).

DJI keeps a list of authorized DJI dealers on their website here. Check out the "Online Retailers" section of that page to find the authorized DJI dealers selling on Amazon. Or see this page that I maintain of authorized DJI dealers selling Mavics on Amazon.

Over the past year, I have seen a few people who said DJI honored their warranty even though they did not purchase from an authorized DJI dealer. I don't want to take any chances over such an expensive purchase, so I always buy from a seller that I know is an authorized DJI dealer when buying DJI drones on Amazon.

FYI, when buying on Amazon, orders that are shipped/fulfilled by Amazon are easier to return (if your Mavic does not arrive as expected for some reason). If you buy from a seller that is shipping their own orders, you'll have to send your Mavic back to that seller (instead of Amazon). That doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a bad experience if you don't order a Mavic that is shipped by Amazon, but it's something to keep in mind if you want to ensure a hassle-free experience. If you have any doubts about the seller, check the seller's reviews by clicking the seller's name (see below) in the product listing.

Amazon.jpg

Last edited:
crap, I placed the order right as you were posting yours about non-authorized dealers. What's odd is that the front page listing that is listed as Amazon's choice, lists it "by DJI" and then when you see the details, its sold by Digitaluniverse. Crap, what to do, what to do? I'm going to try to cancel the order and order from an authorized dealer, I'd rather pay another $40 and be covered by the warranty

I just skimmed DJI's warranty policy and did a search for "authorize" and nothing came up about them not covering if bought from a non-authorized dealer...I fail to find where in their policy they mention that, would you be kind to point that out?

nevermind, I see it on the online retailers page. I'm cancelling and re-ordering through authorized dealers. Thank you VERY much for your timely comment...just gotta figure out how to cancel an order on Amazon...****, what a morning

just gotta figure out how to cancel an order on Amazon
Go to amazon.com and click "Orders" at the top, right of the page. You can cancel orders there.

ok, order easily cancelled, re-ordered from E-Digital...gotta love Amazon, and this forum...thanks again!

"DJI Official Store" isn't DJI themselves, it's DroneNerds, in Florida. I've ordered twice from them and they are a good company with great customer service. They were also the best deal anywhere at both times that I purchased from them.

apparently not, as e-digital, an authorized dealer, is undercutting them by $100 on Amazon.
I stated, "at both times that I purchased from them"; I didn't say currently. Also, I was not charged sales tax, which can be significant.

I only purchased a drone from the "DJI Official Store." seller on Amazon once (back when the Mavic was first released and was out of stock on DJI's website). When my order shipped, it came directly from DJI. Perhaps DJI gave their Amazon store to Drone Nerds?

Has anyone bought for amazon.ca in Canada? 3 days ago I tried to purchase Mavic from DJI on line store with a MasterCard and had a problem. MasterCard approved the sale and the funds were sitting in pending but DJI would not complete the sale unless I sent them a scanned copy of my drivers licence. They now lost a sale cus I canceled the order. The funds were sitting their for 2 days and they would not complete it unless I sent that information in. First time that has ever happened to me. Looks like they like to collect info on people. Maybe I should seek out another hobby. Thanks any info will be appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky