DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying the Mavic pro 2 abroad - From South Africa

D_MartinsSA

Reactions
Hi all,

I'm currently looking to purchase the Mavic pro 2 (with the hassleblad sensor) when it is released. I shall be in europe over the next 4 weeks and if the drone is released, would like to purchase it in europe and bring it with me to South Africa (flying KLM if it makes a difference)

Does anyone have any experience with buying a drone abroad (any South Africans specifically). I understand that I will need to pay customs duties (and do not have an issue doing so), but does anyone else have any experience in this regard?

Thanks in advance!

It seems droning on has just revealed that the "See the bigger picture event" has been rescheduled to the 23rd of August. Presuming theres any truth in this and the mavic does get released within my time frame, any reason not to pick it up in the UK?

Reactions: juliocesar
If you get it, i see no problem bringing it in. Had a couple of big RC ticket items flown in with friends, and never had a hassle at cutoms. Just let them know that what you have, and keep the receipts. Hope you come right.

If you get it, i see no problem bringing it in. Had a couple of big RC ticket items flown in with friends, and never had a hassle at cutoms. Just let them know that what you have, and keep the receipts. Hope you come right.
Ok awesome news, thanks for the input Clinton.

It seems droning on has just revealed that the "See the bigger picture event" has been rescheduled to the 23rd of August. Presuming theres any truth in this and the mavic does get released within my time frame, any reason not to pick it up in the UK?

Its another click bait video with no information so i wouldnt believe it until the real press release is out.

Historically for the new DJI drones (not the variations of) theres a 4-6 month lead time between the announcement and when they start getting to dealers and in real peoples hands.

As for not picking it up in the UK - personal i don't due to the cost. The UK works out about 25% more than most parts of the world for everything electronic.
It'll be substantially cheaper in the US or asia. Generally i try to avoid buying anything tech related in the UK for cost reasons.

If you do buy one, you may be able to claim the VAT back when u leave the UK if the shop where u buy it can give u the necessary documentation

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE