DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BVLOS why do so many do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously?
The fact that you have to ask the question is problematic.

With freedom comes risk and responsibility. How much freedom are you willing to forfeit in order to face no risk and avoid the burden of responsibility? The government is more than happy to take on all responsibility and minimize your risk. All it ask in return is handing over more and more of your freedom.

You want the lawmakers to reduce your risk of dying in a car accident to near zero? They can mandate all vehicles be limited to an operating speed of 15mph. You want to reduce the risk of being killed in an airplane accident? Triple the requirements for inspections, double the number of hours for pilot certification and significantly increase the weather minimums for all flight operations.

Public safety has become the justification for infringement. There can never be enough training and restrictions when the argument is public safety. When these next round of restrictions are put in place and one accident occurs that requires medical attention a lawmaker will rise up to declare further restrictions and training are required.

Yes I was. See above comment.
I did .And my response to DM was humor.
04AD4841-6DD7-41B9-819D-B7064CF6ACEA.jpeg
Other than that this thread has about played out. A little more and I will close it. 200 post of the same ole same ole is about
enough.

Why is a license required to drive? Why is special permission required to travel on roads I paid for?

This thread has diverged into never-never land. It no longer supports any useful conversation about flying drones.

I've noticed the "ignore thread" button at the head of the page. If anyone cares to join me, just click it.

My parting comment.
  • VLOS is the law.
  • VLOS restricts drone operations.
  • Some people abide by VLOS. Some don't. Some do both, depending on circumstances.
  • VLOS regulations will be changing in the future.
  • Some people could safely fly BVLOS in some circumstances. Others cannot.
  • You're the PIC. Make your own decisions.
  • There's no benefit for rationalizing or justifying your personal VLOS policy here.
  • Comments here will do nothing to modify the FAA's position or the law.
  • If you choose to knowingly violate any laws or common sense safety measures, I don't need to hear about it and you probably shouldn't brag about it.
Screenshot 2022-03-17 195420.jpg

This thread has diverged into never-never land. It no longer supports any useful conversation about flying drones.

I've noticed the "ignore thread" button at the head of the page. If anyone cares to join me, just click it.

My parting comment.
  • VLOS is the law.
  • VLOS restricts drone operations.
  • Some people abide by VLOS. Some don't. Some do both, depending on circumstances.
  • VLOS regulations will be changing in the future.
  • Some people could safely fly BVLOS in some circumstances. Others cannot.
  • You're the PIC. Make your own decisions.
  • There's no benefit for rationalizing or justifying your personal VLOS policy here.
  • Comments here will do nothing to modify the FAA's position or the law.
  • If you choose to knowingly violate any laws or common sense safety measures, I don't need to hear about it and you probably shouldn't brag about it.
View attachment 145442
Yes and why I will close it. 🤷‍♂️

The fact that you have to ask the question is problematic.

With freedom comes risk and responsibility. How much freedom are you willing to forfeit in order to face no risk and avoid the burden of responsibility? The government is more than happy to take on all responsibility and minimize your risk. All it ask in return is handing over more and more of your freedom.

You want the lawmakers to reduce your risk of dying in a car accident to near zero? They can mandate all vehicles be limited to an operating speed of 15mph. You want to reduce the risk of being killed in an airplane accident? Triple the requirements for inspections, double the number of hours for pilot certification and significantly increase the weather minimums for all flight operations.

Public safety has become the justification for infringement. There can never be enough training and restrictions when the argument is public safety. When these next round of restrictions are put in place and one accident occurs that requires medical attention a lawmaker will rise up to declare further restrictions and training are required.
So requiring a person to take a written exam and a driving test to get a license to drive is infringing on their rights? That thought process is not even grounded in any type of reality.The highways are dangerous enough as it is. I cannot even fathom abandoning licensing to drive a motor vehicle.

With the attitudes I keep seeing it may come to the point of requiring a 107 certification to fly a drone anywhere except a FRIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ